Budaschnozzle hotend

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Budaschnozzle hotend

Postby enmity » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:22 am

So my Qu-bd extruder is hit or miss now, sometimes it works most of the time it doesn't. I'm looking to purchase a new hotend and the Budaschozzle came up, I'm leaning more towards the Buda because the tips are easy to change out when compared to the j-head which is one complete piece. I'm interested to know if anyone has used the budaschnozzle and can give me any details with its usage and whether is reliable or not.

http://www.lulzbot.com/?q=products/buda ... 5mm-nozzle
enmity

Re: Budaschnozzle hotend

Postby orcinus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:09 am

No first hand experience with Budasch, but as far as i know, it's a fork of the Arcol.hu v3 hotend.
And, so far, i've had only good experiences with Arcol.hu. Just make sure you give it some airflow when printing PLA, it reduces the chances of the filament swelling and getting stuck (which isn't as dramatic as it sounds, but is a nuisance).

Apart from that NB, so far, not a single hitch.

If Budaschnozzle is the same, you should consistently get some good prints w/ very little to no fuss.
orcinus

Re: Budaschnozzle hotend

Postby SystemsGuy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:02 am

Only experience with a Budda was a couple of versions ago on a friends build - it worked, but nothing remarkable, and I remember thinking it was big and heavy. Picture does not look like its changed a lot.

At $95, you could almost get two j-heads. I do like the idea that it's 3mm & 1.75mm, but you would still have to change your extruder, so not a huge win there...
SystemsGuy

Return to ORD Bot