RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby ajfoul » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:33 am

Hi all,

I've just ordered an ORD Hadron kit from RepRapDiscount and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order the Z Stabilizer kit from the MakerSlide store. Or should I just wait and see if I have any issues once I've got it assembled? My only experience with reprap printers is with deltas (Rostock and Kossel), so I'm not quit sure about what to expect of a cartesian.

I would also appreciate any guidance on extruder to use with a J-Head IV...

Thanks for any advice.

AJ
ajfoul
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:32 am

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby SystemsGuy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:01 pm

I'd wait - you can always print your own after you get up and running if you need it. I'm cleaning up both my extruders, and I'll publish to Thingiverse tomorrow clean or not! :P
SystemsGuy
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:44 am

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby Enraged » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:34 pm

I was using a Wades Reloaded with my Jhead with good success.

There are a few eBay sellers and retailers that sell them, usually around $20 for the plastic parts, and another $10-20 or so for the bearings and bolts.
Enraged
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:13 pm

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby SystemsGuy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Would you mind posting a picture? I couldn't get a Wades to fit properly on the platform.


Enraged wrote:I was using a Wades Reloaded with my Jhead with good success.

There are a few eBay sellers and retailers that sell them, usually around $20 for the plastic parts, and another $10-20 or so for the bearings and bolts.
SystemsGuy
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:44 am

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby Enraged » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:19 pm

pics in my build thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1377

I had to drill out the mounting holes in the carraige plate (they were off by about 1mm from what I needed) but it fit fine. The gear was close to the carraige but it didn't hit.
Enraged
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:13 pm

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby ajfoul » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks guys.

SystemsGuy: Did you ever get these posted? Not that I'm in any rush, since the kit I got was missing the Z lift blocks and thus is pretty much useless at the moment...

SystemsGuy wrote:I'd wait - you can always print your own after you get up and running if you need it. I'm cleaning up both my extruders, and I'll publish to Thingiverse tomorrow clean or not! :P
ajfoul
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:32 am

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby albill » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:37 am

ajfoul wrote:Thanks guys.

SystemsGuy: Did you ever get these posted? Not that I'm in any rush, since the kit I got was missing the Z lift blocks and thus is pretty much useless at the moment...


This makes me wonder if all the kits from Reprapdiscount don't have Z blocks since during assembly today (after letting the parts sit for a month), I couldn't find any. I can't prove that I didn't just misplace but your post makes me wonder.
albill
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 am

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby richmond » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:41 am

I think it was overlooked on a few of them (or more).
Mine was also missing z blocks (threaded rod and couplers as well for that matter) but they responded quickly and I should see these parts arrive shortly.
So far they have been good to work with but they should perhaps have tighter QC before shipping.
richmond
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby albill » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:46 am

I've written to them. Considering that they never replied to any email I sent them after my order shipped, I'm not sure if I really expect much.
albill
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 am

Re: RepRapDiscount ORD Hadron, should I order Z stabilizer?

Postby SystemsGuy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 am

PM them on here - they are pretty responsive in my experience - I had stainless Z blocks included in my kit. If anyone needs a set, I'm pretty sure I have at least one stainless set and two delrin/acetel ones in London, but I'm not back for another three weeks.

albill wrote:I've written to them. Considering that they never replied to any email I sent them after my order shipped, I'm not sure if I really expect much.
SystemsGuy
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:44 am

Next

Return to ORD Bot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests