SeeMeCNC EZStruder Hadron mounting strategies

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

SeeMeCNC EZStruder Hadron mounting strategies

Postby Panopticon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:47 am

Has anyone had any solutions/success at mounting the EZStruder Extruder from SeeMECNC to the Hadron X-axis carraige plate? I'm looking for something a little more rigid than using zip-ties :)
Panopticon

Re: SeeMeCNC EZStruder Hadron mounting strategies

Postby blah_59 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 pm

They have a thread going on the 3D Printer General Discussion side about it:

http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2050&start=20
blah_59

Postby cvoinescu » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Don't knock the zip ties! You can make very solid things with them. :)
cvoinescu

Postby k4mg » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:31 pm

I used Bart's EZStruder mount from the above mentioned thread. I drilled 2 new holes and mounted the extruder high to help with a fan cooling only the PEEK.
IMG_1576.JPG
Last edited by k4mg on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
k4mg

Postby blah_59 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:39 pm

It looks like you might be able to use my raised J-Head mount to accomplish that: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:77357. It looks like it might be a drag-n-drop replacement for the bottom part. If not, it should be pretty easy to modify.

blah_59

Postby bwevans » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 am

Maybe not the best photo but I managed to make a simple bracket and fan mount printed on my other machine in HIPS. Works well enough but I still need to get the rest of the machine working right although Im a little pissed at it at the moment.

bwevans

Postby orcinus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Why pissed? A the extruder or the rest of the machine?
orcinus

Postby Panopticon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:49 pm

bwevans wrote:Maybe not the best photo but I managed to make a simple bracket and fan mount printed on my other machine in HIPS. Works well enough but I still need to get the rest of the machine working right although Im a little pissed at it at the moment.

Looks goods - I used the similar design bdring posted and used a drill press to make two holes in the X-axis carriage to mount the adapter.
Panopticon

Postby bwevans » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:26 pm

@orcinus: Yeah I was mad at it... crappy printing with weird banding issues in the prints like I was using imperial z-rods even though I wasnt. In trying to test things out I ended up frying one of the stepper drivers on the Brainwave controller I was using by upping the current on the extruder. (Note, I have never fried a Pololu in my life but with the onboard driver I did...) Had to order a new chip and solder it on the board (fun times) and now its back up and running. I think the problem was that 1. I wired the z motors in series to be clever and 2. had the acceleration or maybe jerk set too fast in the firmware. Slowing those down has made the prints much better and it wasnt an issue with the extruder at all. Oh well.

Edit: Here's my files for the mount and fan attachment. Not sure its any use to anyone. I used M3 screws to attach the belt clamps to the plate - tapped the belt clamps for M3 and put nuts on the back where it attached to the extruder mount - and then did the same thing for the microswitch endstop. No drilling through the plate that way and the 3 pont attachment is damn sturdy.

ezstruder_bracket-1.5mm.stl
(196.24 KiB) Downloaded 1501 times

fan_mount_try2.stl
(69.97 KiB) Downloaded 1430 times
bwevans

Postby orcinus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Did you debug the banding in the end?
orcinus

Next

Return to ORD Bot