sourcing question for Ord Bot plates

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

sourcing question for Ord Bot plates

Postby jammer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi all,

I stumbled onto this site while trying to determine which printer to build and am very impressed with the design. I know there are quite a few references stating that the best place to purchase a kit is from reprapdiscount on ebay. Is there any place that I can just purchase the laser cut and bent aluminum plates from. I did find a group buy thread from last year but I am guessing that those are long gone. I can purchase a kit from reprapdiscount but was hoping to be able to buy the individual pieces and customize it along the way.

Thanks,
Troy
jammer

Re: sourcing question for Ord Bot plates

Postby jammer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:06 am

Disregard the question. After looking at how much time and effort I would put into sourcing everything, the reprapdiscount seems a logical choice.
jammer

Postby rickmellor » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:18 am

Has reprapdiscount updated their z-axis nuts? My most recent kit from ATI had the upgraded nuts but it sounds like JLG might not have gotten the new ones.
rickmellor

Postby jammer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:49 am

Good question Rick. I have sent a couple of ebay messages to reprapdiscount but haven't heard back yet. We will see. I was just looking again at ATI's kit online. If I don't hear back from RRP then I am not sure what kind of customer service I could expect after purchasing a kit.
jammer

Return to ORD Bot