Bed Heater Control

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: Bed Heater Control

Postby dave3d » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks for all your help guys. However I have already spent enough time repairing my damaged board. Replacing mosfets was a step too far imho. I am not an electronics expert. So I have now replaced both the Arduino and the Ramps boards with new and I have reflashed Marlin. The bed heater is now controlling OK so I guess it was a hardware fault all along.
I have tried a few more prints with PLA on glass. Extruder was set on 210 deg C and bed on 55 deg C. Still problems with sticking. Waiting on blue tape to try that. Not entirely happy with QU-BD extruder even after the PTFE tube mod. After standing it takes a while to get it to start extruding. Also extruded filament does not flow into each other. It seems to stay as separate strands. I have received my J head now waiting on Wade extruder bits.
dave3d

Re: Bed Heater Control

Postby TLHarrell » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:43 pm

dave3d wrote: After standing it takes a while to get it to start extruding. Also extruded filament does not flow into each other. It seems to stay as separate strands.

Layer height incorrect, so the filament isn't being pressed into the previous layer, or your flow rate is incorrect. Make sure you've measured the diameter of your filament and input that.
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Previous

Return to ORD Bot