Z-axis spacer

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Z-axis spacer

Postby Dane » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:54 am

Hi Everyone,
I have recenly created a spacer to lift a wades style extruder/hotend up 30mm to increase Z-axis build height. I have also incorporated a 40mm fan mount at the front the idea being that it will cool the hot end shaft and the be redirected down onto the print job. I have made it so you can turn it upside down if the fan is a bit too low for your hot end. Fits well with a Greg Frost Wades and a J-Head Mk V.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:159963
I would be interested in peoples opinions.
Cheers,
Dane
Dane

Re: Z-axis spacer

Postby jammer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:47 am

I had been hoping that someone would upload one of these. I haven't finished my build yet but I have ordered a Wade's reloaded extruder with an E3D hot end and didn't want to lose the z-axis distance from the hotend sticking down so far.

I am sure that Someone who has more experience will comment but it looks good to me.
jammer

Postby flurin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 am

@Dane

Did you use PLA or ABS?

I added a similar one made of alu-extrusion:

Spacer.JPG
flurin

Postby Dane » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Flurin,
I printed mine in PLA. It is working well.
Is that a bar of LEDs I can see in the background? I have used a piece of adhesive LED strip lighting stuck under the carriage, it work ok but could be brighter, there is only enought room for six LEDs.
Dane.
Dane

Postby flurin » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Dane wrote:Is that a bar of LEDs I can see in the background? I have used a piece of adhesive LED strip lighting stuck under the carriage, it work ok but could be brighter, there is only enought room for six LEDs.
Dane.

It's a 18 LEDs strip (300mm):

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:106844
flurin

Return to ORD Bot