RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby reprapdiscount » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:48 am

Hi, the Bulldog Extruder is now life on Indiegogo:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bulld ... t/x/633901


bulldog1.JPG


prusa1.jpg


merlin1.jpg


magma1.jpg


jhead1.jpg


Bulldog.jpg


Please check also my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/reprapdiscount
Last edited by reprapdiscount on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/forums/oss/

Best Regards,
reprapdiscount

Contacts:

google talk: reprapdiscount
skype: reprapdiscount
whatsapp: +8613267235555 (preferable)
wechat: reprapdiscount (preferable)
QQ: reprapdiscount
phone: +8613267235555
reprapdiscount
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby reprapdiscount » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:03 pm

reprapdiscount_endstops_ordbot_pic.JPG


the mount to use my extruder with the ord bot stock carriage
Attachments
rrd_bulldog_extruder_mount_ordbot.rar
(26.67 KiB) Downloaded 1036 times
http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/forums/oss/

Best Regards,
reprapdiscount

Contacts:

google talk: reprapdiscount
skype: reprapdiscount
whatsapp: +8613267235555 (preferable)
wechat: reprapdiscount (preferable)
QQ: reprapdiscount
phone: +8613267235555
reprapdiscount
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby cvoinescu » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:11 pm

I can't really tell from the video, but it looks like an all-metal monster! Unbreakable, but heavy. :)

Do you have some high-resolution photos, and maybe an exploded view?
cvoinescu
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Camberley, Surrey, UK

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby reprapdiscount » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:10 am

cvoinescu wrote:I can't really tell from the video, but it looks like an all-metal monster! Unbreakable, but heavy. :)

Do you have some high-resolution photos, and maybe an exploded view?


i have few extruders and copared the weight, it's not really heavy, all depends on the torque you need, more torque, needs a geared motor which is of course more heavy than a motor without gearbox.

i am using 2 kind of motors for 2 different kind of extruders

Bulldog Lite: 99 usd
nema17, it is designed to drive 1.75 filament, it is around 360g, as much as a wades extruder

Bulldog: 149 usd
nema17 geared, it is designed to drive 1.75 and 3mm filament, the weight of the geared motor is 360g, the total weight of my extruder including ord bot mount, fan and nozzle is 546g

user can choose the right one for his needs
http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/forums/oss/

Best Regards,
reprapdiscount

Contacts:

google talk: reprapdiscount
skype: reprapdiscount
whatsapp: +8613267235555 (preferable)
wechat: reprapdiscount (preferable)
QQ: reprapdiscount
phone: +8613267235555
reprapdiscount
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:20 am

You're right, they're not as heavy as they look. I'm looking forward to more images and drawings!
cvoinescu
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Camberley, Surrey, UK

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby reprapdiscount » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 am

cvoinescu wrote:You're right, they're not as heavy as they look. I'm looking forward to more images and drawings!


yes will post more info in indiegogo soon and after project funded will post drawings
http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/forums/oss/

Best Regards,
reprapdiscount

Contacts:

google talk: reprapdiscount
skype: reprapdiscount
whatsapp: +8613267235555 (preferable)
wechat: reprapdiscount (preferable)
QQ: reprapdiscount
phone: +8613267235555
reprapdiscount
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby reprapdiscount » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:09 am

cvoinescu wrote:You're right, they're not as heavy as they look. I'm looking forward to more images and drawings!


this is my extruder mounted on corexy hbot, have a look at the pictures, he got one test sample one month ago

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97234894@N04/
http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/forums/oss/

Best Regards,
reprapdiscount

Contacts:

google talk: reprapdiscount
skype: reprapdiscount
whatsapp: +8613267235555 (preferable)
wechat: reprapdiscount (preferable)
QQ: reprapdiscount
phone: +8613267235555
reprapdiscount
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby jammer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:59 am

I wish I had know about this a month ago when I started ordering everything. It looks like a nice extruder. I will be interested to see some results that people have printed using it.
jammer
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:50 am

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby reprapdiscount » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:12 pm

jammer wrote:I wish I had know about this a month ago when I started ordering everything. It looks like a nice extruder. I will be interested to see some results that people have printed using it.


The purpose of a good extruder is to be light, have high torque, high grip to be durable and to use it as universal as possible, and combined with a good nozzle you can have good printing results.

It does not matter how good nozzle you have, if extruder has no grip, the user has a lot of headache and jammed hotends.

I read somewhere you are using E3D hotend, anyway this one cannot fit my extruder due the big diameter of the cooling rips. Myself I am using j-head, magma, prusa and merlin. I am samehow sad I did not have the E3D on hand when I designed my extruder otherwise it would be also compatible to this hotend.

If you area beginner I would definitely recommend you a j-head from hot-ends.com
http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/forums/oss/

Best Regards,
reprapdiscount

Contacts:

google talk: reprapdiscount
skype: reprapdiscount
whatsapp: +8613267235555 (preferable)
wechat: reprapdiscount (preferable)
QQ: reprapdiscount
phone: +8613267235555
reprapdiscount
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: RepRapDiscount Bulldog Extruder

Postby jammer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:37 pm

reprapdiscount wrote:
jammer wrote:I wish I had know about this a month ago when I started ordering everything. It looks like a nice extruder. I will be interested to see some results that people have printed using it.


The purpose of a good extruder is to be light, have high torque, high grip to be durable and to use it as universal as possible, and combined with a good nozzle you can have good printing results.

It does not matter how good nozzle you have, if extruder has no grip, the user has a lot of headache and jammed hotends.

I read somewhere you are using E3D hotend, anyway this one cannot fit my extruder due the big diameter of the cooling rips. Myself I am using j-head, magma, prusa and merlin. I am samehow sad I did not have the E3D on hand when I designed my extruder otherwise it would be also compatible to this hotend.

If you area beginner I would definitely recommend you a j-head from hot-ends.com


The E3D hot end I ordered has a J-Head mount on it. Is the J-head mount on your extruder somehow recessed so that the E3D won't fit up in the extruder properly?
jammer
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:50 am

Next

Return to ORD Bot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron