Ord Bot Alarm Questions

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Ord Bot Alarm Questions

Postby Darthmaul » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Hello,

I recently posted about the alarm-Screen I'm seeing on the Ord Bot I'm building. My goal was to build up the Bot, getting the motors to work and then add on from there. The problem I'm having is that when powering up, the piezo buzzer on the LCD Panel sounds continuously and the LCD flashes back and forth from what I presume to be the main Menu and the Temp Alarm Screen. I hardwired in fixed 100 K Resistors in place of the thermistors used for Extruder 1 and the Bed. They seem to work OK. Right now, I have no idea what's causing this alarm. I ran Pronterface, just to see if I could get any more info. Nothing jumped out at me, but then I'm not really familiar with the program. I did query the temp.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how I could resolve this problem it would be appreciated.

Here is the text string from Pronterface

cho:SD card ok
SENDING:M105
ok T:24.7 /0.0 B:22.2 /0.0 @:0

The LCD display Temp shows 25/000 B022/000
Darthmaul

Re: Ord Bot Alarm Questions-Here are pics-screenshots

Postby Darthmaul » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:01 am

New to Posting-Here are relevant Pics
Darthmaul

Re: Ord Bot Alarm Questions-Finally here are pics!

Postby Darthmaul » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:43 am

ORD Pronterface Screen.png
Ord_LCD_Alarm_Screen.png
Darthmaul

Re: Ord Bot Alarm Questions

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 am

Could it be that you used the wrong type of LCD/controller in the firmware, so it almost works, but not quite? Also, maybe one of the cables is in backwards, or there could be a short. I would suggest that you find the pinout for your LCD controller, and measure voltages on the pins to check that they make sense (for example, that the buzzer pin says "off", and the button inputs do not measure as "pressed"). That should give you more insight into what may be wrong.
cvoinescu

Re: Ord Bot Alarm Questions

Postby Darthmaul » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:18 am

Thanks for your response. The problem is solved. It turned out that after downloading the source code and carefully modifying the config.h and pins file, the system worked. Your idea about checking the cables was a good one. Fortunately the cables themselves are keyed, though that doesn't mean that I couldn't plug the wrong cable into the wrong connector. Thanks again for your response and suggestions! Now it's on to fixing the next dumb mistake!
Darthmaul

Return to ORD Bot