Thermistor question

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Thermistor question

Postby jammer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:59 am

Sorry for a dumb question but I am having an issue where my extruder temp is reading about 18C too high (registers correctly at room temp). I am using the thermister that came with the helios heated bed from Panucatt since it has insulated leads. I currently have it set to Type 1 for extruder thermistor type but I suspect that is why I am getting almost a 20C differential when hot. Roy says that it is an Epcos 100k but there looks to be a few different Epcos 100k thermistors. He also says that it should be a type 6 in repetier firmware (user defined thermistor table 1). I think he is inferring that it is an Epcos B57560G1104F. I looked and it seems like it's data table is blank under the user defined thermistor table 1.

Is anyone using this thermistor with their hotend and if so would you mind posting your data table for it.

Here is a picture of the thermistor:

thermistor.JPG

Thanks,
Troy
jammer

Re: Thermistor question (Update)

Postby jammer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:46 pm

I think I figured some of it out. I believe the thermistors that came with my helios are Epcos B57560G104F. I wired up a spare that I had and encountered the same 20C differential at a set point of 225C as the first thermistor. When the thermistor was reporting the hotend as 225C, the hotend was actually at 205C. I decided to try a few lower temps. At 100C, the thermistor was dead on. At 150C it was less than 2C off. I looked up the specs of the B57560G104F and it is only rated to 200C so that may be the issue. I went ahead and ordered a couple of thermistors from mouser (Semitec 104GT-2 & Epcos B57560G1104F000). Both are rated to 300C. I kinda feel like not really messing with any other tuning until I can get an accurate temp out of the hotend, otherwise I will have to redo everything after I get it fixed.
jammer

Return to ORD Bot