ORD Bot v-wheels a bit damaged

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

ORD Bot v-wheels a bit damaged

Postby cinhcet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Hello,

first of all, i want to say thank you for developing the ORD Bot.

I received an ORD Bot from reprapdiscount, but something troubles me:
I don't understand why they ship it preasembled, because you have to disassemble more the less everything if you want to have a good printer (angles between extrusions, v-wheel thightening).
They've thighten the screws that much, that some of the nylon spacers are a bit shorter then the others (someting like elephant foots). But the real issue, which urges me to ask in the forum, are the v-wheels: Have a look at the attachments. They are a bit damaged. Is this a problem? Or do I get worried to much? I don't feel any resistance when sliding over the rail.

Another question. At wich angle should for example the y axis move, when the rail is sloped? From reprapdiscount it wasn't moving at all, even at an absolutely vertical orientation.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
DSC_0963.jpg
DSC_0964.jpg
cinhcet

Re: ORD Bot v-wheels a bit damaged

Postby evil2002usna » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 pm

They look ok to me. If your not feeling any binding and the motion feels smooth I wouldn't worry about it too much. From my experience your printer is like a new car right now. Right now you want everything to be perfect so you won't eat any fast food in it. But in a month there are going to be fries all underneath the front seat. I have taken things apart and put them back together so many times that I don't even look at the condition of parts any more. Your printer will let you know if somthing is wrong. And truthfully with linear motion you should trust feel more than your eyes.

Did you adjust your eccentric spacers underneath your y-axis build plate. That is what controls the tightness between the v-wheels and the makerslide. If it is too tight it wont move. They probably over tightened it prior to shipping to keep things from moving around. I don't think that there is a specific angle where it should move. Some of these things are personal preferences. The idea is to tighten the eccentric spacer up to the point where there is no more wobble from the gantry on the makerslide. This should be the tangent point between the delrin v-wheels and the makerslide. You do this by adjusting the eccentric spacer.
evil2002usna

Postby cinhcet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:46 pm

thank you!

I know that i have to use the excentric spacers for adjusting. sorry if i didn't make that point.

Ok, i don't worry and look forward to complete the build. I was asking because if it had been a problem, i would had ordered a few wheels now (shipping needs some time).
cinhcet

Postby secretgspot » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:20 pm

yeah, I felt the same way, afraid to unscrew the screws. But now I take apart X gantry almost daily.. Just DONT MESS UP THE TREADS!
secretgspot

Return to ORD Bot