Looking for someone to write Azteeg X3/ordbot firmware?

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Looking for someone to write Azteeg X3/ordbot firmware?

Postby SerinJ » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:00 am

Heya people,
Apologies if this is an incorrect request...

I'm basically looking for someone to throw money in return for a functional firmware set for my Azteeg and OrdBot.
Seems a combination of lack of time due to Uni and lack of experience in writing firmware is limiting my ability to do it myself :P

Anyway, the gear includes:
Standard Ord Bot mechanicals, essentially just the kit from RepRapDiscount, minus the RAMPS and plus the Azteeg.
Using le bog standard mechanical endstops at this point as the Hall stops were pretty useless, save for the Z stop which is still a Hall sensor.
It's got the SureStepper SD8825's, so 1/32 microstepping if I'm not mistaken.
Build space dimensions are here: http://imgur.com/kN8pWbi
Heatbed is a Helios and it's thermistor is the same make as the hotends, the 100k epcos types I'm pretty sure.
Extruder is the Bulldog XL. Documentation can be found here: http://imgur.com/bLYEtyU and on the RepRapDiscount website.

I've no idea what this kinda service would cost so if anyone is up for it we can chat over PM or email/
Cheers comrades!
Last edited by SerinJ on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SerinJ

Re: Looking for someone to write Azteeg/ordbot firmware?

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:49 am

You forgot one essential piece of information. Which "Azteeg" do you have? Panucatt have several products under the Azteeg brand.
cvoinescu

Re: Looking for someone to write Azteeg/ordbot firmware?

Postby SerinJ » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:20 am

cvoinescu wrote:You forgot one essential piece of information. Which "Azteeg" do you have? Panucatt have several products under the Azteeg brand.

Frell... It's an X3. :oops:
SerinJ

Re: Looking for someone to write Azteeg X3/ordbot firmware?

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:13 pm

But... but... but that runs Marlin, Sprinter and Repetier with no changes! It's essentially an Arduino Mega 2560 and a RAMPS, but as a single board. That's motherboard 33 in Marlin (34 if you have two extruders). What exactly are you after, that stock Marlin doesn't do?
cvoinescu

Postby SerinJ » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Marlin will do just fine, my problem(which obviously I didn't make clear) is that I know not what modifications to the stock firmware I'd need to make.
My previous Marlin that I used on the RAMPS is just a HEX file that a now-silent mate put together for me so there's not much I can learn for it unfortunately.
The simple lack of a list of 'sh*t to change* has somewhat stumped my efforts in the past...
SerinJ

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:48 pm

There's one thing to change for your board, as far as I'm aware of.

Go here https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin and read the bit about "Configuring and compilation". It says Arduino IDE v23, but it works with the most recent version too, so no need to worry about that. Don't worry about the bit about Sanguinololu either, you don't have one of those.

Then, before you move on to "Start the Arduino IDE", open the Configuration.h file in a text editor, locate the line saying
#define MOTHERBOARD 7
and replace it with
#define MOTHERBOARD 33

Save the file, then proceed with the instructions from GitHub. That's it. Everything else (steps-per-mm, machine size etc) can be configured with commands typed in Pronterface or whatever your host software is.
cvoinescu

Return to ORD Bot