Have you ordered from Misumi?

General discussion of laser machines

Re: Have you ordered from Misumi?

Postby twehr » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Actually, they have been great, once we got the whole discount thing sorted out. As it turns out, they don't normally issue the credit after the first CC order until the end of the month. I needed to place my second order before that and they said they would apply the credit.

Shipping has actually been great.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby TheWreckingYard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:37 am

Right now they're understandably experiencing shipping delays due to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, I placed my order last week and they called friday and yesterday to update me. The best suggestion is to make sure that your email address is updated with them and they'll email you when there's an update.

Ron
TheWreckingYard

Postby TheWreckingYard » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:38 pm

BTW I got my Misumi order yesterday about a week after I placed it, phenominal service, they rushed it to me without asking at their expense.

Ron
TheWreckingYard

Postby Chankster » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:17 pm

I ordered on Sunday and received a box of angle brackets on Tuesday and then all the extrusion on Wednesday. Makes for quick shipping from Chicago to St. Louis. Still waiting to hear back why they shipped/charged separately instead of together. There was definitely enough room in the box with the extrusion.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Postby twehr » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Chankster wrote:I ordered on Sunday and received a box of angle brackets on Tuesday and then all the extrusion on Wednesday. Makes for quick shipping from Chicago to St. Louis. Still waiting to hear back why they shipped/charged separately instead of together. There was definitely enough room in the box with the extrusion.

I recall that, when placing your order, you designate whether to ship as available or all at once. If you start with a quote from them, each item has an expected number of days to be shipped. If everything is within a day or two of each other, it is best to wait for all.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby Chankster » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Yea, I definitely chose ship complete since it was all going to be available quickly. Still waiting to hear back from Misumi.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Postby LeonS » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:17 pm

By coincidence, I ordered all the parts on the day I heard of the quake. I asked for everything to be shipped as a single delivery.

I received a an email telling me that the hinges would come from Japan and had an indeterminate delay. I was offered the options of split shipment or remove the hinges. I chose the later and the parts all got here last Thursday.

A sales rep has been in touch with me. I guess he thinks I am a shop or other consumer of metal parts. He said he couldn't help me out with the 30% discount. A pity, but I have the critical parts from Mitsumi.

Cheers,
Leon
LeonS

Postby Chankster » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:43 pm

On a side note, I received a credit today for the package that shipped separate from the rest.
Chankster

Postby Chankster » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 pm

twehr wrote:Sounds like one solution. The draw back it that they won't issue the credit till the end of the month in which the first order was placed. So I order tomorrow (3/1) and, to use the credit, I can't order the remaining parts until sometime in April.

For some reason its taken them even longer than that to process my credit. I ordered ~March 15th and a month later their sales person says that its still not ready.
Chankster

Previous

Return to General