CorelDraw

Discuss Laser CNC Software Issues

CorelDraw

Postby JValliere » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Looking for pointers to setting up CorelDraw with specific layers/colors to separate engraving and cutting for DSP.
I'm new to the graphic arts...heavy AutoCAD background. I have 1.x frame with DSP from L.O.
Been using 2-3 different programs to get files how I want before sending to DSP...too many steps, need help in being more efficient.

Thanks,
Jim
JValliere

Re: CorelDraw

Postby TLHarrell » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm not running the DSP, but I primarily use Autocad for doing my layout work. Since I'm a very heavy Autocad user, it just fits my workflow better. I use black for all engraving, red/yellow/green/cyan/blue/magenta for cutting/vector engraving layers. Generally green for outside cuts, magenta for inside, yellow for an outer alignment boundary. Occasionally red for vector engrave, and cyan for other cuts I want to keep separated.
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Postby JValliere » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:10 pm

TLHarrell...thanks for the input. I'll keep fumbling around with this and see what I can figure out.
JValliere

Postby Greolt » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:52 pm

I use LaserCad. You probably use something similar. Most of the Chinese DSPs use a derivative of the same original software.

Here is a palette for Coreldraw of the LaserCad used colours. Can be handy to simply select the wanted colour without trying to guess the closest equivalent from the RGB palette.

Hope this helps,
Attachments
LaserCAD.xml
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 1467 times
Greolt

Return to Software