Postby aargelio » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:43 am

MPC6535 Motion Controller, with LaserCut software______________ 488
PAD03-E Human-machine interface, operation panel, English_______96
C4-PAD03-1.5M Cable, 1.5meters _____________________________________5
USB-AB-3M USB connector cable, 3meters___________________________6
Udisk USB flash memory stick _______________________________17
Dongle-WHITE Software key, for LaserCut software ____________________ 234

Leetro Automation Co., Ltd

Address:Building 8-B, Dayi Zone of Incubating Hi-tech, No.1 South 2nd Keyuan Road, Chengdu 610041, CHINA
Attachments
278527707_3.jpg
aargelio

Re: MPC6535 available laser controllers

Postby willyinaus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:44 am

aargelio wrote:MPC6535 Motion Controller, with LaserCut software______________ 488
PAD03-E Human-machine interface, operation panel, English_______96
C4-PAD03-1.5M Cable, 1.5meters _____________________________________5
USB-AB-3M USB connector cable, 3meters___________________________6
Udisk USB flash memory stick _______________________________17
Dongle-WHITE Software key, for LaserCut software ____________________ 234

Leetro Automation Co., Ltd

Address:Building 8-B, Dayi Zone of Incubating Hi-tech, No.1 South 2nd Keyuan Road, Chengdu 610041, CHINA

Sorry can you explain why you have to buy the dongle for the lasercut software when the software is included with the motion Controller?
Also why do we have to pay for a English Interface?
willyinaus

Postby aargelio » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:37 am

i'm not the saler of this product.

this info was send from the company www.leetro.com.

you need the Dongle to run the LaserCut 5.3 software in your PC
aargelio

MPC6535 diagram

Postby aargelio » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:58 am

MPC6535 diagram
Attachments
mpc6535.PNG
aargelio

Postby willyinaus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:43 am

No worries mate just trying to qualify it a bit thought you were the seller.
So the laser cut software is sold with the controller as a teaser then you go back and buy the dongle or get it at the start.

Bit of a bugger as it was looking real good was hoping it was a misprint on the dongle price :cry:
willyinaus

Postby lasersafe1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:22 am

That is pretty much the same thing that I bought for my machine, but I mine is a newer version that does not need a dongle for the software. It runs directly from a VB program inserted in Corel Draw. Bought mine from Lightobject.com for $459
lasersafe1

Postby willyinaus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:34 am

lol Well I am hearing different stories from different suppliers I am going with the MPC6535 if it turns out that the one from LightObject is better then I may upgrade but I was told by a supplier that I am not purchasing from that the controller is a cheaper version for a cheaper Laser Engraver made to get more Laser sold but then he could have just been trying to sell his larger machine that didn't have this controller.

I guess we will be able to test them out and find their issues I ma looking forward to playing around with it.
willyinaus

Postby lasersafe1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Well I'm sure that what you are getting will work just fine and you won't be disappointed. Still, I can't see any limitations on my own controller and software. It can cut or raster at any speed I ask. I know that there is a huge quality difference from the $1000 machines and the MoshiDraw software to the $3500 machines with the DSP controllers and LaserCut, but beyond $3500 I don't see anything that can change from a controller standpoint. I haven't looked at other systems, so I don't know, but perhaps they do something more in terms of processing color to proper dither in the preprocessing stage. Still, this is also easy to do with CorelDraw, so I can prep an image for the laser before sending the job. I do know that my controller can out perform the original controller that came with my ULS-25. Upgrading my X axis motor and stepper driver also helped in this. The original laser could do 25 inches/sec straight line velocity. I am now up to 59"/sec without slipping. Believe it or not, the final difference to getting super high speeds was not the controller or the motor, but it was the voltage applied to the stepper driver. My motor is rated at around 3 volts. The general rule of thumb(I thought) was to apply about 10 times the motor rated voltage to the chopper drive so it can overcome the increased motor inductance at higher speeds. I put 30 volts on the driver and the motor would slip poles at about 20"/sec. I played around for hours with accel rates and such, but I appeared to be at a hard limit. I finally decided to double my voltage to 60V and all the sudden it would go to 40"/sec without slipping. My driver can handle 80V input, so I increased to 75V and reached the 59"/sec. I have no need to go any faster than this.
lasersafe1

Postby willyinaus » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 am

LS can you tell me what driver you are using?

When I first got my First CNC Router going I was using a 24v PS + Xylotex Driver most I could get was 4m a min then I upgraded to a Gecko g540 and 48v power supply and tripled the working speed could have gone quicker but I would just break bits lol.

I guess the thing is with both these controllers is if we can find the limitations this will probably help bdring in his quest to build a controller as well and that will only help us in the long run as well.

Willy
willyinaus

Return to Electronics