2.X Laser Interface PCB from OSH Park?

Electronics related to CNC

2.X Laser Interface PCB from OSH Park?

Postby alan025 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Has anyone had any success getting the Laser Interface PCB made by OSH Park? I've never had a PCB fabricated before, but renamed the gerber files to match OSH Park's naming convention and the upload manager still complains about not having a board outline file and a drills file. I think the original file ncdrill1.tap is the drills file, although after renaming to laser.XLN the site still didn't like it.

Has anyone had any success getting OSH Park to fabricate this PCB? If not, is there another manufacturer (preferably in the U.S.) that has successfully worked with these files?

Thanks,
Alan
alan025

Re: 2.X Laser Interface PCB from OSH Park?

Postby greenvandan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:18 am

I thought about doing that for the 4 axis driver carrier but haven't for the same reason. Laen has fixed other files I uploaded to OSH Park that had unintentional errors, but I didn't want to send something I knew was incomplete.
greenvandan

Postby macona » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:06 am

I have ordered many boards through this service. You need to make sure you have a drawn board outline. Thats how it determines where the board will be routed out of the sheet at. This is usually drawn on one of the layers. What software are you using?
macona

Postby alan025 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:04 pm

macona wrote:I have ordered many boards through this service. You need to make sure you have a drawn board outline. Thats how it determines where the board will be routed out of the sheet at. This is usually drawn on one of the layers. What software are you using?

My electronics skills haven't progressed to the board-design stage yet, I picked up the gerber files from the Buildlog.net wiki: http://www.buildlog.net/documents/laser ... erbers.zip

I don't know what software was used to do the board design. Is there some free or inexpensive pcb design software available that will import these gerber files so I can generate whatever else is needed? I've dabbled with circuits.io, but it doesn't want to do the import (I think it imports Eagle files only).
alan025

Return to Electronics