2.x Laser Kits (Edit: In Production..again)

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Re: 2.x Laser Kits

Postby bdring » Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 pm

I can remove the interface panel. The kit does not include any MakerSlide parts.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby baz » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi Bart

I have being following this forum for a while now, and my interest in building a laser cutter has increased exponentially. With the limited sale of ShapeOko (I purchased a mechanical kit) and the Inventables introduction of Makerslide, seemed to be a invite to good to be true! However to build your awesome creation I needed a few custom parts, I can source most of the components (extrusion, steppers, belting, fixings and hopefully MakerSlide). Oh I forgot to mention, my biggest hurdle to overcome is the fact I am based in the UK, and I am currently negotiating international shipping. Back to the laser construction, so to make this project successful I will need a few custom parts, including Bearing an motor brackets. So to draw the story to an end, it would be absoloutly GREAT if you could offer this small custom parts kit. So if you do go forward, would you please contact me as soon as possible. As I have previously said I am based in the UK, I know when you did previous kits you did not like international shipping, if this again becomes a problem I may be able to have a USA based address you could post to. Again thank you very much for offering this prospect, and I am very much looking forward to be able to create the superb machine.

Regards

Harry
ShapeOko #676, eShapeOko #11, 2.x Laser, ORD Bot Hadron
MakerSlide Europe Store
baz

Postby dwessels » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:20 pm

bdring wrote:I have still not settled on the final list of parts, put it would probably be in the $225 range as it is now. I will probably run it the same way I ran the ORD Bots.

There would be a small pre-order charge for a limited number of kits to get you in the queue. Production would begin right away and not wait for pre-orders to sell out.

I'm in when you are ready to take pre-orders.

Thanks
dwessels

Postby evokanivo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:19 pm

just thought i'd second the sentiment - i'm anxiously awaiting a kit! i plan to buy 2.
evokanivo

Postby greenvandan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 am

I might be interested in a kit as well. I've ordered a ShapeOko to mill some of the custom parts but I'm assuming it will take me a bit to get my head around everything before I have working parts. If parts were available separately I would be interested in that as well as I've gotten some of the parts that are available in the Maker Store already.
greenvandan

Postby evokanivo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Hey Bart - Just curious about the timeline on this
evokanivo

Postby SpacedCowboy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm in on this as well - I've just made the decision to not go the easy way and buy an FSLaser hobby kit, but to build my own and use their software :)

So, whenever you're ready to take pre-orders, I'm there!

Cheers
Simon
SpacedCowboy

2.x Builders Kits Now Available

Postby bdring » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:59 am

I put an item in the store for 2.x Builder kits.

This is a pre-order, but regardless of the final quantity, the kits will go out in about 1 month. I ordered some of the parts already and will fabricate the rest. The list of parts is on the store. Most of the items have drawings. Some items never had drawings, because they are just fabricated on a sheet with other parts. I will try to add something for those eventually.

The lead time is primarily due to the fact that I am taking a 2week vacation with the family to France starting 6/15/2012

Many of the missing parts are elsewhere on the store, but the rest must be procured on your own.

http://store.makerslide.com/index.php?m ... ucts_id=70
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: 2.x Laser Kits (Now Available)

Postby lx007 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:40 am

I just bought the first pre-order, I have been checking the forum for this at least once per day! Thanks Bart.
lx007

Re: 2.x Laser Kits (Now Available)

Postby SpacedCowboy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:10 am

Going quick. That's #2 :)

Simon
SpacedCowboy

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Laser Support