Laser Interface/Driver PCB

Electronics related to CNC

Laser Interface/Driver PCB

Postby bdring » Mon May 28, 2012 9:49 pm

People have asked for gerbers on this PCB this laterly. I added them to the Wiki.

http://www.buildlog.net/wiki/doku.php?i ... serinfcpcb
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

2x inverting schmitt trigger = 1x non-inverting schmitt trig

Postby ishibashi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Bart, thanks for the gerber files.
One more question though. I can't seem to find a non-inverting schmitt trigger here in germany. Would putting two inverting schmitt triggers in series have the same effect?
ishibashi

Re: Laser Interface/Driver PCB

Postby bdring » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Would putting two inverting schmitt triggers in series have the same effect?

Yes
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby baz » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Sorry to dig this thread back up! But I am planning on building this PCB for my 2.x when it gets finished. I was just wondering if I could use this board for both my laser and CNC router (shapeoko, when it gets shipped)? Also does anyone know of a way I could get hold of a PCB (I am from the UK)?

Many Thanks

Baz
ShapeOko #676, eShapeOko #11, 2.x Laser, ORD Bot Hadron
MakerSlide Europe Store
baz

Postby diegocim » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Bart,

I was wondering if here is the right place to post this question, and apologize if it`s not.
I can`t find in this forum more about you selling your "new" 3x Laser Interface PCB, http://www.buildlog.net/wiki/doku.php?i ... serinfcpcb
Do you intend to produce more of that, and could you say when it's gonna be ready for us to buy?

Thank you
diegocim

Postby bdring » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't have anymore of those. It is open source and the documentation/gerbers are here. I might do some in the future, but it would be at least a month out.

http://www.buildlog.net/wiki/doku.php?i ... serinfcpcb
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby diegocim » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm

One month out is not that bad....
I'm considering building my own board. But if you have it in the future, just let us know ...
Thank you
diegocim

Postby altontoth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 am

I THINK this is my first post. I guess I'll know by the time my post goes up. I've been reading and plotting and scheming furiously about building a laser cutter. I managed to get my godfather on board as well. He currently has a home-built CnC machine (for cutting airplane kits) that he's prepared to sell to fund this project. Yea yea, on with it...

I too would be interested in a board for this driver. I just priced it out at BatchPCB and a single board was gonna cost $45. Seemed a little excessive to me, but it's been a while since I've used them. Maybe if enough people pipe up wanting one we can do a run with GoldPheonix, etc?

Also, as an aside, and maybe this isn't the right place for this...it's totally un-intuitive which version of what you're looking at regarding the driver boards, and the laser builds themselves. I found the first version and printed a bunch of stuff off without even realizing that what I was looking at was out of date and superseded.

Cheers!
altontoth

Return to Electronics