Assembly questions

Extrusions/Tubing/Hinges/Etc.

Re: Assembly questions

Postby naPS » Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 pm

Meh, go figure. I just got a call back from the Motion Industries guy, and he misquoted me. I guess the X-axis carriers are closer to $20.00, but he's sending me the first few that I ordered for the original $9.00 that he quoted. Nice.
naPS

Postby quadmasta » Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 pm

It's not a deal breaker for me :)
quadmasta

Postby quadmasta » Tue May 31, 2011 11:15 pm

What are most people using to run from the controller card to the rear panel for the parallel port and where'd they get it? The shortest DB25-DB25 cable monoprice has is 6ft and it doesn't have ferrites on it. I damn sure don't feel like running 6' of cable in a loop near a HV power supply without ferrites on it :) That'd surely pick up noise.
quadmasta

Postby BenJackson » Tue May 31, 2011 11:21 pm

You could always just run the cable in through a hole in the back. I will probably laser cut a back bulkhead along the lines of what Bart made for his new Pololu controller if I decide to go with parallel IO.
BenJackson

Postby quadmasta » Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 pm

I didn't think of that. I guess I could cut something to modify the rear opening for the parallel connector to just hold a split grommet for the parallel cable to pass through. I'm going to go with parallel IO until I learn what I'm doing and what I'd need/prefer.

As always thanks for your speedy replies Ben.
quadmasta

Postby mlconti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 am

Anyone having to modify the cast corner brackets for use with the MakerSlide rails? I am going to try and use my belt sander to take off the corner edge to provide clearance - if it works I'll post some pics.

EDIT - ok so it worked here is all you need to do - pics say it all.

2012-11-18 18.21.56.jpg
Side by side view
Attachments
2012-11-18 18.23.19.jpg
view installed
2012-11-18 18.22.05.jpg
edge view with material removed
If you can think of it, I can Automate it!
mlconti

Thin brackets

Postby bdring » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:18 am

There should be some thinner brackets where the makerslide rails go

thin.JPG
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby mlconti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Z Lift Assembly

I am working on putting my lift parts together - and I am wondering if anyone if flushing the 1/4-20 rods to the bottom of the gear pulley - or are you just allowing enough space for the flange/set screw to lock down the pulley.
mlconti

Postby Gadroc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Yes, once you flush them to the pulley the of the 8" threaded rod will sit flush with the top of the upper bearing plate. Although it was a real pain getting that nylon locking nut threaded on with out marring the upper threads holding onto the rod. I'm sure I'm just missing some trick to do it, but I ended up putting a lock nut on both sides. One ended up turning while the other was where I held on to turn against. Sometimes was difficult to back out the other nut though as well.
Gadroc

Postby mlconti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Gadroc wrote:Yes, once you flush them to the pulley the of the 8" threaded rod will sit flush with the top of the upper bearing plate. Although it was a real pain getting that nylon locking nut threaded on with out marring the upper threads holding onto the rod. I'm sure I'm just missing some trick to do it, but I ended up putting a lock nut on both sides. One ended up turning while the other was where I held on to turn against. Sometimes was difficult to back out the other nut though as well.

OK THANKS! - I used my cordless drill and lightly chucked them on the pulley end - worked great.
mlconti

PreviousNext

Return to Enclosures/Framing Etc.