Possible 2.x laser Kits Batch #7

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Re: Possible 2.x laser Kits Batch #7

Postby BenJackson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 am

bdring wrote:I ran out of 1/2" thick HDPE.

So your wife started hiding the cutting boards...
BenJackson

Postby bdring » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 am

No more cutting boards. I buy smooth black 48" x 48" sheets. It arrived today and I cut 50 tube brackets.

My USB on the CNC computer is acting really flaky all the sudden. It will only work if I disconnect all USB, reboot then plug in after the OS is fully running. Even then, I have had a few issues. I need it for the Smoothstepper. I know they have an Ethernet version now. I think mine was from batch 1. It is really old.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby Praxis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:49 am

bdring wrote:No more cutting boards. I buy smooth black 48" x 48" sheets. It arrived today and I cut 50 tube brackets.

My USB on the CNC computer is acting really flaky all the sudden. It will only work if I disconnect all USB, reboot then plug in after the OS is fully running. Even then, I have had a few issues. I need it for the Smoothstepper. I know they have an Ethernet version now. I think mine was from batch 1. It is really old.

That could be the USB chip in the device or it could be the USB chip in the computer. Have you tried changing the plug over to one that's running a different USB hub? Try switching from USB on the front to the back, etc?
Praxis

Postby bdring » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 pm

I have tried everything. I definitely appears to be the computer because any USB device on it's own will act up. For now, "the wait until running to plug" in method has worked three times in a row now.

The computer lives a rough life. I cold start it below freezing many times a week. It is dusty and I am sure there are noise spikes. It is a least 5-6 years old.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby jacobsultd » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am

Open up the computer and take a aircan too it and the connections.. I had such a machine to run my CNC lathe in garage.. I bought it in from the cold at night though..
jacobsultd

Postby bdring » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 am

There are a lot of little things that need to be done. I am afraid if I take it off line, I will feel the need to fix them all. I will wait for warmer weather and a break in work load.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby SystemsGuy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:06 am

I'm with ya on this one - I decided to clean my CNC computer, and it took a week to get it running again! Same sorta deal, left out in the shop to freeze, dusty, dirty, and some aluminum fragments in it resting on the layer of sawdust.

bdring wrote:There are a lot of little things that need to be done. I am afraid if I take it off line, I will feel the need to fix them all. I will wait for warmer weather and a break in work load.
SystemsGuy

Kits in the store

Postby bdring » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:47 pm

I just released 15 kits to the store. I will release more soon, but that is about all I can handle over the next few days.

http://store.makerslide.com/index.php?m ... ucts_id=70
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Kits in the store

Postby SystemsGuy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:53 pm

One down, 14 left.

bdring wrote:I just released 15 kits to the store. I will release more soon, but that is about all I can handle over the next few days.

http://store.makerslide.com/index.php?m ... ucts_id=70
SystemsGuy

Postby bdring » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Just 1 left now, but don't worry. I have most of the parts required for more. i just wanted to make sure I could get this weekends group out without problems.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Laser Support