PFTE QU-BD 15-min fix mod

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

PFTE QU-BD 15-min fix mod

Postby bloomingtonmike » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 pm

For the 15 min fix for jam free QU-BD mod (read about it in the general 3d printer forum).....

I just ordered a bunch of this PFTE for this mod. I will put a couple inches in the mail for folks for $2 (paypal gift to mike at thewoodworker dot net) if you live in the USA and I can send it to you in a letter envelope. This way you don't pay the $6 shipping to Mcmaster unless you just want to. Just an offer. Should be here in two days. If you send the money, pm me your mailing address and your paypal name.

Mikie
bloomingtonmike

Re: PFTE QU-BD 15-min fix mod

Postby bloomingtonmike » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:13 am

This stuff makes the QUBD awesome.
bloomingtonmike

Postby satgod » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:09 pm

According to the reply I got from the QU-BD makers there is no real problem with their extruder

So I cant figure out how everyone, me included is spending days trying to fix something that dont
exist.

Love the mod

but I dont have the means to drill a 3.98mm hole in my extruder barrel so I guess i'm stuck
satgod

Postby vgordin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:39 am

@Satgood, agree completely. What kills me about qu-bd is that in all of the months that it's been since their Kickstarter, they're still selling the same defective extruders while refusing to admit that there is a problem.

I ordered this mod from Mike and got it in about two days. Haven't had a chance to install yet.
vgordin

Postby bloomingtonmike » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Rodney made me an extra nozzle satgood. PM me your address and I will send it to you with some PTFE teflon tubing. Pay the good deed forward.

After installed send me your original please. I will get it modded.
bloomingtonmike

Postby cvoinescu » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:58 pm

But there isn't a problem with the QU-BD at all. Simply replacing the gear with a MK7 gear, the set screw with Bart's bearing design, and simply cutting and drilling out the hot-end on your lathe as described, or inexpensively replacing it with a J-Head, will fix the few minor details that the QU-BD team may not have got to everyone's complete satisfaction. It's a mater of taste, really.
cvoinescu

Return to For Sale and Wanted