Source for new style z axis nut block

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Source for new style z axis nut block

Postby jammer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:08 am

Just wondering where I can purchase a set of the new style z axis nut blocks that I believe are these on Thingiverse:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:42658

I just got my mechanicals kit from RRP and it had the old style nut blocks that are aluminum. I am guessing that in addition to the part listed above that I would also need a new delrin block that screws into the gantry bracket since mine is aluminum. I know that I could drill it out but seems like it would have more friction than a delrin one. I see on the BOM that it lists the supplier as buildlog.net but I haven't been able to find where I could order one.

I am also looking for a set of these that flurin uploaded if anyone is printing them:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:43324

Thanks,
Troy
jammer

Re: Source for new style z axis nut block

Postby rickmellor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:56 am

Bart used to sell them through his MakerSlide store but he's discontinued that. I have a set I ordered from him for an older ORDBot and my most recent ORDBot kit from ATI included the new z-stabilizers. You may try calling ATI and seeing if John Lee can sell them to you. He's a man of few words but from my dealings with him he's never been difficult. He may help you out.

I'm in Cali this week but will be back to NY next week. If you can't find a solution I'd be willing to print something out for you.
rickmellor

Postby jammer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:43 am

Thanks again Rick. I will give ATI a call tomorrow. I called them last week trying to ask a question on their kit and had a communication problem (my end) with the very nice young lady who answered the phone.

I will try your suggestion to loosen the screws to see if I can get decent enough prints to print a set out. Otherwise I may take you up on the offer. I appreciate it.
jammer

Postby madmike8 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:12 pm

I got my (B17061) Z Lift blocks from ATI a couple weeks ago. They were $5.99 each...
madmike8

Postby jammer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:32 pm

madmike,

Did that include the delrin blocks that attach to the plates?

Thanks,
Troy
jammer

Postby madmike8 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 pm

That is for the blocks that attach to the plate.
madmike8

Postby jammer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:27 am

Ok, got it. I will give him a call to see if he is also selling the actual lift blocks that are either threaded or have the nuts in them for the lead screws. Or maybe I just don't understand how these work from the pictures I have seen. It looks like the lift blocks have the nut or threads in them to do the actual gantry lifting. Resting on those but without being attached are the delrin blocks that are attached with screws to the gantry plates. So in my small brain it seems like I need 4 separate pieces (2 lift blocks and 2 non-threaded blocks)

Am I understanding this correctly?
jammer

Postby flurin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 am

jammer wrote: It looks like the lift blocks have the nut or threads in them to do the actual gantry lifting. Resting on those but without being attached are the delrin blocks that are attached with screws to the gantry plates. So in my small brain it seems like I need 4 separate pieces (2 lift blocks and 2 non-threaded blocks)

Am I understanding this correctly?

It's correct. BTW to modify/extend the original Z-Lift Block is quite simple:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:42260
flurin

Return to ORD Bot