ORD Bot Hadron Inquiries - Help Appreciated

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: ORD Bot Hadron Inquiries - Help Appreciated

Postby flickerfly » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks for the correction. Good no know and something for me to double-check on my wiring.
flickerfly

Postby JLG » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:14 am

Great success guys, after frankensteining a solution for the connectors (called panduits, I'm told), my printer homes! Basically I soldered a thicker gauge wire to the thinner gauge wire and now it fits into the connector perfectly. I'm one step closer to printing! I just gotta wait for a replacement thermistor for my hotend, and I'll be in business. Hopefully the bad home didn't damage my hotend (I really hope it didn't). Anyways, I'm looking forward to printing off some of my own designs, 3D Art, custom mechanical designs and parts, etc.
JLG

Postby flickerfly » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Nice!

You should be fine with the hotend.
flickerfly

Postby JLG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:33 am

hmmm, seems I've got another problem with one of my limit switches: it decides to work sometimes and not others. This is not good as it the y-min. There's a red led on the board that lights up when triggered. Weird thing is this: when I rotate it at certain angles it will light up when triggered, this implies a loose connection somewhere, right? Apparently not, as when I test the solder points at the back of the board, they reflect voltages properly when the light won't turn on when triggered. So I thought maybe the limit switch might have been loose, tried wiggling it when the light was off and when the light was on, did not affect it at all. What could it be?

I just also realized this: the LED won't come on, but the switch still shows as triggered in Repeatier, BUT y-homing doesn't work. How can a limit switch report triggered but still not home properly?
JLG

Postby cvoinescu » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:22 am

JLG wrote:I just also realized this: the LED won't come on, but the switch still shows as triggered in Repeatier, BUT y-homing doesn't work. How can a limit switch report triggered but still not home properly?

If it falsely reports "triggered" every time, then homing won't work. It sounds like one of your wires (either GND or VDD) has a bad connection (not completely sure, but that's what I'd suspect given the symptoms). You could also have a short.
cvoinescu

Postby JLG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:45 am

cvoinescu wrote:
JLG wrote:I just also realized this: the LED won't come on, but the switch still shows as triggered in Repeatier, BUT y-homing doesn't work. How can a limit switch report triggered but still not home properly?

If it falsely reports "triggered" every time, then it won't work. It sounds like one of your wires (either GND or VDD) has a bad connection (not completely sure, but that's what I'd suspect given the symptoms). You could also have a short (likely to ground).

Nope, it's not a short, it reports triggered when I trigger it, and the voltages on the wire, connector, and solder point all show up fine. I sort of figured out what's happening: the LED doesn't come on, but it still reports triggered when I trigger it. I looked closer, and just out of sheer coincidence, the wheel wasn't triggering the switch anymore, as if the switch was too far away from the v-wheel to be triggered. I put an extra washer in to raise it and voila, it works, but the LED still doesn't light up. I thinking I'm gonna chock it up to the led burning out coincidentally at the same time as the switch stopped triggering.

On to the next problem: the z-max WAS lighting up, but not showing "triggered". While testing the other endstop, I decided to swap the z-max with the y-min, it also didn't light up when plugged into the same plug. So I swapped them back, and now the z-max doesn't light up or show triggered (it didn't show triggered before, but at least it lot up). The evidence seems to imply that particular plug is burning out LEDs, but I don't see how it could be. The voltages all tested at ~4.8v, it's very odd. Unless these things are just very fragile and/or cheaply built.

I was wondering if someone could report their pins.h configuration to me that has the Azteeg x3 (or even RAMPS, because it's apparently the same pin assignment). I want to see if my z-max pin is set properly, because it looks like it's not because it WAS lighting up but not showing as triggered.
JLG

Postby JLG » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:34 am

Nevermind, I got it working. It's all the fault of these panduits clips, NEVER using them again! That one limit switch the LED is gone on, but the trigger works, so I'll let it be for now.

Now for some good news: I got my replacement extruder thermistor in, works like a charm. And that thermal paste is AMAZING! Omegatherm 201. The temperature goes up so fast, I had to set the log to echo every second. Temperature rose exactly 10°C / second. In 18 seconds it was up to 200°C from 23°C. Very happy. The heat bed takes exactly 3 minutes to reach 50°C. How do these stack up against average times?
JLG

Postby cvoinescu » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 am

The extruder heating time is good, the hot bed time is nothing to write home about. The hard bit is getting the bed from 50 to 100 for ABS printing. That takes much longer (but it helps of you have an insulating blanket on it while it heats up).
cvoinescu

Postby JLG » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey guys, well it got her up and running, here's a pic of the 20mm calibration cube. Pretty happy with it. Although I have noticed that sometime filament doesn't stick together, though. I tried to print something's afterwards, but they didn't stick to the bed. One was too small, and I don't see any reason for the second. Any advice?

I should mention that my filament is at 205 first layer, and 200 rest, and my bed is at 55 first layer 35 rest
Attachments
image.jpg
JLG

Postby JLG » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Here's a good example of what I was referring to, this time the extruder was set to 215 and the bed was set to 70, and it did stick to the bed this time, but the infil seems to not be sticking as well as it should. Are my infil speeds just too fast at 200mm/s, or do I have to adjust the feed rate of the extruder?
Attachments
image.jpg
JLG

PreviousNext

Return to ORD Bot