7" COLOR TOUCH SCREEN DSP!! RDC6344G

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

7" COLOR TOUCH SCREEN DSP!! RDC6344G

Postby cnc74 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Hello all,

I ran across this new DSP controller on Ali Express and would like to know if this would be a good option for a new build?

Search for: RDC6344G on AliExpress dot com to view it.

It seems to be cutting edge and better equipped than all other options that have preceded it to date but am I missing something that will make this a no go for a new BL 2.0 build?

The price is $589 plus shipping which might seem high but if this thing works as needed then the cool factor alone (being a 7" touch screen) is totally worth the additional cost.

Please chime in on the viability of this unit in a BL 2.0
cnc74

Re: 7" COLOR TOUCH SCREEN DSP!! RDC6344G

Postby cvoinescu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:34 pm

The AliExpress seller is very stingy with basic information about the device. They don't even say what data format they can handle (G-code? Vector files?), nor whether it supports, say, raster engraving, or pulsed mode cutting (PPI). It seems there's a computer (not necessarily a PC) and a monitor in that box, plus some I/O. Is there a DSP too? They don't say. There seems to be support for a memory card, but can it cut from a file on the memory card? There's Ethernet -- can it cut a file from network-attached storage? Is there a web interface to the controller?

Without some of those answers, I don't know whether it's useless bling, or truly helpful. It's the software that usually makes the difference.

The manufacturer's site isn't more forthcoming.
cvoinescu

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller