Installing Cable Carriers

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Installing Cable Carriers

Postby bdring » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:38 am

I was just packing up some super flexible and rubbery assist air tubing and it reminded me how long it took to thread it through the cable carriers.

I had all the cable carriers installed when I threaded my tubing and wires down it and it took a long time and some patience. The trick is to thread it though when it is as straight as possible. Move the carriage or gantry to whatever end will make it straightest where the end of the item you are pushing through is currently located.

I did wires first and tubing second. In hind sight it might have worked easier the other way. You might also consider doing it with the carrier detached and laying straight. Using a pull wire for the tubing might help too. All said and done, I think the carriers are just the right size, but it takes some time to thread it. Be patient and trust me, it fits.

If anyone else has success with a special method, share it here.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Installing Cable Carriers

Postby twehr » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:49 am

The carriers I got from KabelSchlepp allow you to open the flap on each link. I will be opening them, laying in the wires/tube and snapping them closed.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby bdring » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:51 am

...or you can go that route if you are lazy. :P
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby cpdude » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:35 am

I also went with the open "130" route too. They were a few dollars more but I think they're worth it! Go ahead and call me lazy! :D

Brian
2.x laser ( Mach3 | SmoothStepper | FSE RetinaEngrave)| DIY CNC Router (EMC2) | Prusa I3 3d printer | Building a Wolfstock deta printer | Rhino v5
cpdude

Return to 2.x Laser Support