Stepper motor Torque ratings

Bearings/Motors/Belts/Gears/Etc.

Re: Stepper motor Torque ratings

Postby lasersafe1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:38 pm

5v .8 amp NEMA 17 0.9 deg/step. It is a relatively small motor considering what it is being asked to do. I actually replaced the one on the X sweep with a larger version of the NEMA17 (taller) in order to give me a little more torque.
lasersafe1

Postby lasersafe1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 am

The Universal Laser Systems unit has arrived. I am still in the process of taking video and stills of the arrival condition and will post shortly in my build log. Remarkably, this thing uses a NEMA 17 motor for the Y, and an even smaller pancake size NEMA17 for the X. You aren't going to believe the pictures! Perhaps this unit wasn't really good at rastering? On the other hand, you won't believe how small and lightweight the x mirror assembly is. It probably only weighs about 4-5 ounces. I will actually weigh it some time and let everyone know.
lasersafe1

Postby bdring » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:47 am

I actually bought some 17's the other day. I used the 23's because I had them. I will probably give them a try.

I am looking forward to your build log. It will be a real insight into those machines. You can probably make it better than it ever was.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Mechatronics