Paid Sample Request

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

Paid Sample Request

Postby andrewblanejr » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Would anyone with DSP and a 2.x be able to engrave a sample for me? I have an FSE 40W Hobby laser and i'm having severe engraving quality issues. I am working wit FSE towards resolution but it doesn't look like we will get it fixed. I'd really appreciate and be willing to pay for (paypal?) a quick sample of my file. I have attached pictures of the problems i'm having, and source files for production. If someone could try to ENGRAVE @ 500dpi (not vector) the attached source and upload a pic that would be super helpful! I can then paypal you compensation, just name your price really, i desperately need to figure out asap whether i am going to keep and put up with my FSE 40W Hobby Laser or return it and build a 2.x of my own. Thanks in advance!!

Source in XPS: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20703296/Scott%20Front.xps
Source in JPEG: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20703296/Scott%20Front.jpg
Source in DWG: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20703296/Scott%20Front.dwg
Source in PDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20703296/Scott%20Front.pdf

/Andrew
858-504-0935
Attachments
Scott Front.jpg
Source File in JPEG
Picture03.jpg
Notched Lines (Supposed to be Straight)
Picture01.jpg
Crooked Lines
andrewblanejr

Re: Paid Sample Request

Postby whmeade10 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Andrew, if someone doesn't help you by tonight when I get home, I will try and run your file. Does it matter what material I use for the test? or are you just trying to verify if the DSP will do the job and laser straight lines?

Bill
FSE 45w Deluxe CO2 Laser 5th Gen w/X7 DSP | CorelDRAW X7
whmeade10

Postby andrewblanejr » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi Bill,

I don't "think" it matters what material. I am using acrylic, but the problem is the lines not being straight...so any matierial should work. I really really appreciate your assistance!

/Andrew
andrewblanejr

Postby naPS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 pm

What speed are you running at? It looks like what happened to me when I tried to raster stuff too fast.

It also happened to me when I tried to trick it into vector cutting some pockets way too fast as well.

It looks like you are here in San Diego, like I am. I've got a 2.0 laser that I've built - I'm not sure if the RetinaEngrave card is removable from the FSE laser, but if it is, you're more than welcome to bring it over here and we can give it a shot on mine.
naPS

Postby andrewblanejr » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 pm

I should have mentioned that i was engraving at "10%" speed, but that my problems occur even at lower speeds. They do seem to get worse at faster speeds. the card is removable, i'd love to meet up and see your 2.x build if that is ok. I work from home and have a pretty flexible scheudule, let me know when would be a good time. See my details below

858-504-0935
andrew@makeitepic.pro

/Andrew
andrewblanejr

Postby TLHarrell » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 pm

I will toss a copy of your .jpg file at my FSE 40w when I get home and see if it does the same thing.

It's obvious that the shift is happening where there are letters adjacent, then where there are no letters. Odd. Looks really like some sort of image processing issue.

One thing I'd recommend is making sure there is enough space next to the cards to accelerate and decelerate when rastering. Not sure why it would be having the issue even at 10% speed though.
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Postby andrewblanejr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:04 am

Hi TLHarrell,

I recommend using the .XPS file, it can be opened directly within FSE RetinaEngrave. I really appreciate you giving it a try.

/Andrew
andrewblanejr

Postby TLHarrell » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:18 am

Ran some tests and the file seems ok except for one minor issue related to travel limits.

My specs:
40w FSE Hobby Laser
RetinaEngraveV4-7-22 software and related firmware
Digital Power (not 10 turn pot) enabled
System: WinXP Pro with limited ram

The part of the card with "Epic | Consulting" written on it causes my gantry axis to bang into it's limits on both ends at the top and bottom of that section. This is related to the lines hanging off the edge of the card, likely just a little too far. I'd recommend laying out the cards exactly edge to edge and separating them with a single cut line, or spacing them a lot closer together. I vector cut cardstock at 75% speed, 3% power, 1 pass and can leave literally 0.008" between the cuts themselves (which is the thickness of the cardstock itself). The gantry banging seems to have caused a misalignment of the image but it is localized to the spots where the banging occurred.

Test Engrave- FSE 40w Business Cards.jpg

As you can see, I've tested at several different raster settings:
25s/12p/250 DPI
85s/20p/250 DPI
100s/40p/250 DIP

I don't seem to have the misalignment on the vertical line segments that are apparent in your images.
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Postby whmeade10 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 am

andrewblanejr wrote:Hi TLHarrell,

I recommend using the .XPS file, it can be opened directly within FSE RetinaEngrave. I really appreciate you giving it a try.

/Andrew

I was getting ready to run the file with my Lightobject DSP but see that you already have your answer using the same type of controller you are. I hope you get it figured out.

Bill
FSE 45w Deluxe CO2 Laser 5th Gen w/X7 DSP | CorelDRAW X7
whmeade10

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller