Getting great results

General discussion of laser machines

Getting great results

Postby twehr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 am

I am constantly getting questions about what settings I use for various materials. While I am happy to share my experiences, i thought it might be more useful to let everyone know how I go about determining what the best settings are for my machine. Of course, yours may be different, so revealing technique may be greatly more valuable to you than simply giving you my settings.

In my blog over at http://DIYLaser.MidwestLaserArts.com, I posted a rather long article on exactly how I approached a material that was giving me some issues with quality in the past. Take a look and comment if you like. :mrgreen:
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Re: Getting great results

Postby J45on » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Great write up Tim thank you for posting.
Your advise is very helpful to complete beginners like me, in fact without your DSP setup guide I would have been lost.
I shall be trying some of your engraving test methods at the weekend :D
I have subscribed to your blog through google reader bit did not comment because I don't have any of the accounts listed.
Suffice to say I enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to reading and learning more in the future.
J45on

Re: Getting great results

Postby twehr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:36 pm

J45on wrote:Great write up Tim thank you for posting.
Your advise is very helpful to complete beginners like me, in fact without your DSP setup guide I would have been lost.
I shall be trying some of your engraving test methods at the weekend :D
I have subscribed to your blog through google reader bit did not comment because I don't have any of the accounts listed.
Suffice to say I enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to reading and learning more in the future.

I am somewhat limited on time lately, but plan to do more articles. I am always in the market for good topics, so feel free to make your requests. I'll get to them as time (and my sense of what sounds like fun) will allow.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Return to General