Received Chinese Control Panel from Lightobject

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

Re: Received Chinese Control Panel from Lightobject

Postby twehr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Btw, before Marco left he told me that the manufacturer had shipped 5 of his 10 units with the wrong display and that the company was shipping replacements. Given that they are coming from china, it may take a few more days than you would like, but is not ignoring the issue.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby steppenshoe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Being in Chine is no excuse at all to delay an email response. 24 hour is the max I tolerate, I don't care where they are in the world. I work with people in China all the time on eBay and they get back to me right away.

An auto reply simply saying, "hey I am in China getting some more great stuff and will return emails in 2 weeks", is better than no response at all.
steppenshoe

Postby Speedythinker » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi steppenshoe , I did reply you before my leaving to China. I told you that we have panel for you. Not sure why didn't you recevie my email! Second, my staff forgot to send you the panel the day I told him to do so. I apologize for it as there were so many orders need to take care and he may be too busy to remember. Third, I did tell you to send it back for refund or exchange if you couldn't replace the panel AFTER you post a dispute on paypal. Forth, I don't use 'auto response' as I will answer email daily in most case. It's not easy to find interenet access in Hong Kong or China.

FYI, we didn't know that the one you received was coming in Chinse as all system packed and we shipped soon after receved the shipment to avoid delay. If you can't tolerate the mistake, please send it back for full refund.

Again, it's our fault, my apology

Marco
Speedythinker

Postby steppenshoe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Marco I forgive you, but I think you are replying to the person that purchased, I have not purchased anything from you yet, though I soon will!

I think you are meaning to talk to Reversity. :)
steppenshoe

Postby baccus61 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 am

Hi guys,
I have one of the first batches of the DSP card and new LaserCut5.5 software (updated today to fix the Comms problem) out of China that has the Network port in it. It's an RJ45 Network connector as well as the B type USB port and the old U-Disk port.

The old and new LCD panels are quite identical except for a better connector and a shield around all the electronics. This shield also makes it a tad hard to fit the LCD control panel in the old cut out as it is right on the edge of the circuit board and the screws are not held or attached so they are free to turn which makes it hard to tighten or even loosen them. 1 drop of Cyanoacrylate adhesive should fix that though.

The menu has a few other items added to it to make it a lot more configurable like multiple Origin settings etc. I will write them down later and post here for all to see.

I'm off for a smoothie as it's quite hot tonight so I will post more info on the 2012 DSP soon, maybe in the next few hours.
Rich.
baccus61

Previous

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller