New DSP with color display.

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

New DSP with color display.

Postby Groover » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:00 am

I found this while checking out DSP:s for my laser. Thought it might be of interest. ebay link

Groover

Re: New DSP with color display.

Postby mondo50m » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:20 am

Wouldn't be bad if the shipping charges was not the same as the charge for the DSP.

Milt
mondo50m

Postby Groover » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:10 am

Looks like they try to avoid ebay fees. If you look at their site the price is $698. That would leave about $40 for shipping if you compare to the ebay price including shipping. :roll:
Groover

Postby Speedythinker » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:19 pm

We may launch DSP with a color LCD on March without additional cost. Just like the good old itme, price stay the same.

Then, a touchscreen control LCD (optional) is seheduled to production on coming May. This one we will ask for just a little fee, possible $50~$75 range. It should be either a 5" or 7" color touchscreen

BTW, I just launched a new software for the DSP 2012 with dyanmic simulation for the job. Plus, it will show job time afterward by clicking "estimate work time" from the Tool menu. It would be great when it comes to a color LCD

Marco ;)
Lightobject.com
Speedythinker

Postby Groover » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 am

Is it just the LCD panel control that changes or is it the main controller board as well? I guess what I'm really asking is if it could be possible to upgrade with a new display and software without needing a complete new DSP?
Groover

Postby Speedythinker » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:43 am

That I don't know yet. I need to discuss with the engineers, both hardware and the software guy.
For the touchsreen version, I'm going to ask them to put the job simulation and completion time feature on the LCD display.
But doing so, it willl cost a little bit higher than the current model

Marco
Speedythinker

Postby Pinkjas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:49 am

hey

looking to upgrade my mpc03ls on my gweike lg6040n

any news on the touchscreen/dsp update? as i would like to upgrade now but if the newer model is not far off i will wait..

am i correct is saying i can import my config file from my current mpc03 into awc 608 or newer model and start cutting with a few tweaks?

thanks for any info
Pinkjas

Postby twehr » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 am

Pinkjas wrote:hey

looking to upgrade my mpc03ls on my gweike lg6040n

any news on the touchscreen/dsp update? as i would like to upgrade now but if the newer model is not far off i will wait..

am i correct is saying i can import my config file from my current mpc03 into awc 608 or newer model and start cutting with a few tweaks?

thanks for any info

I would wait a bit, if the color panel is important to you.

Doubt you can directly import the settings as the awc 608 has features that the other does not and the files till be different. However, the significant vales will be quite similar, so writing them down and the entering them in the 608, will help to get you up and running quickly.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby GiriPod » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi Marco,

Any update on providing the color display and touch screen options?

Thanks!
GiriPod

Postby Speedythinker » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:25 am

Yes, it's available now. But I don't like the LCD keypad panel. It looks not very handsome. I'll get one for testing and anyone want it, please let me know asap as I just placed an order. However, I just asked for 1set of LCD with color panel.

I'll be taking a trip to China the end of this month and will stay there for 1.5m. I'll try to design a better panel and build my water cooler during my trip. Plus I'll do more shopping to get more DIY parts for laser machine and CNC. More, I'll lauch another X-Y stages with 2:1 reduction gear. Then, no more complain of XY stages without the reduction gear. Plus, I'll upgrade the current model soon.

See the picture of the color LCD panel

Marco
Attachments
NewXY_1.jpg
DSPColorLCD.jpg
Speedythinker

Next

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller