Pricing

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Customs, Duty, VAT, etc

Postby bdring » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:42 pm

I have been getting some requests to alter the price on the invoice or say that the shipment is a gift for international shipments. I am going to state the actual price less the shipping amount. I don't want to get in trouble with my government or any other government.

"Any person who knowingly fails to file or
knowingly submits false or misleading export information through
the Shippers Export Declaration (SED) (or any successor document)
or the Automated Export System (AES) shall be subject to a fine
not to exceed $10,000 per violation or imprisonment for not more
than 5 years, or both."

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/13/9/305
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Pricing

Postby Enraged » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Never lie on those invoices, especially as a business.

For Canada, if you mark that the parts are made in the USA, there shouldn't be any duty. If you ship USPS, the majority of the time there is no charges, with the rare occasion of paying tax on the value of the merchandise. Most people run into problems when shipping with UPS and Fedex from the USA to Canada, as they charge "brokerage" fees for bringing the package across the border.
Enraged

Postby mhensen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Made my payment today for #199.

One minor question..

Can I get an Invoice of that for my accountant?

This way I can book it as costs for my company :-)

With kind regards,

Michael
mhensen

Postby Gijs » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:54 pm

mhensen wrote:
One minor question..

Can I get an Invoice of that for my accountant?

good one, same for me (#172)
Gijs

Postby bdring » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 pm

I will try to figure out something for invoicing. It will probably just be a manually generated one, because the store does not fully understand what is going on. Send me an email bdring (at) buildlog.net if you need one. They will take precious time to generate.

Let's keep this off the forum.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby IPvFletch » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 pm

I print my orders from PayPal, that is basically the same as an invoice. It might work... not sure about for taxes...
IPvFletch

Postby AlexRa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:20 am

A couple of quick questions:

- It appears that the majority of the pre-orders is for the Hadron; I pre-ordered the Quantum and now have doubts about the choice. Do you expect both variants of the kit to become available at the same time, or the Hadrons will have priority? Is it possible to switch from Quantum to Hadron and if so, what would be the correct procedure?

- You say the steppers are going to arrive the latest. Probably many people here (myself included) are buying an ORD Bot to replace some Mendel-style printer they already have. Wouldn't it be a good idea to provide a partial kit with everything BUT the steppers for those who have the motors already?
AlexRa

Postby bjoerngiesler » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:55 am

AlexRa wrote:Wouldn't it be a good idea to provide a partial kit with everything BUT the steppers for those who have the motors already?

Very much seconded. As I've already said in my email, I'd much appreciate being able to get just the kit without the steppers, because I can source steppers locally quite cheap and it would reduce the kit cost and hence the amount of import tax due. Also, it would be really nice to get the kit sooner if it's indeed the steppers that will take longest.
bjoerngiesler

Postby bdring » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:15 pm

The Quantum motors should be here before the Hadron motors. I might consider shipping kits without motors, but I already paid for those motors, so there will be no, or minimal discount on the kits without motors.

Doing extensive customization of the kits will affect delivery more than anything else. I do not want to fill each order one at a time for this project. I want to drop two pulleys into each box, then move onto the next item. If you want some customization of the kits you will probably have to forfeit your queue position so the customization does not push out the delivery of everyone below you in the queue.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby bjoerngiesler » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:34 pm

OK, understood.
bjoerngiesler

PreviousNext

Return to ORD Bot