New to Engravers

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

New to Engravers

Postby josh noble » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm

I've got a simple question regarding laser engravers.
I've got a part (3/8" wide by 3" tall/aluminum anodized) that I simply need letters engraved on.

Do any of you know if this machine will engrave anodized aluminum?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-PRECISE-CO ... 3a6df4bd4c

Thanks for the help!
Josh
josh noble

Re: New to Engravers

Postby TLHarrell » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Yes, it will engrave on anodized aluminum. It turns the anodizing a frosty white. It will not CUT into aluminum though.

These are the lowest end Chinese lasers. The software/driver board combination are generally complained about as being a big pain in the butt, constant crashes, poor interface and terrible integration. Many companies also basically ship you a unit, and then support is non-existent. Communication is great up until the product shows up at your door, you find issues with it, and you get no further response. Just wanted to put that out there so you know what to expect.

I'd recommend taking a look at the units offered by Full Spectrum Engineering. It's essentially the same unit, but with additional features, a far better driver board and software, and actual support. Yes it costs a lot more, but you can be sure you're purchasing a machine that actually functions, is easy to use, and has the support you need. For my first laser, this is the route I went. I've enjoyed it so far, and am looking forward to building a larger one in the future.
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Return to General Discussion