Laser 2.x informations and drawings

Bearings/Motors/Belts/Gears/Etc.

Laser 2.x informations and drawings

Postby Yaro » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:51 am

Hi all,
Where i can find drawings of laser head and mirror supports? I can't find them in drawings page in Laser 2.x .
Yaro

Re: Laser 2.x informations and drawings

Postby Yaro » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:44 am

Also i want to ask why there is a Z axis on laser.
Yaro

Postby cvoinescu » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 am

That's optional, and it's for height adjustment. You can adjust that manually instead.

There are some nifty tricks that can be done with a laser with a larger than usual Z travel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arjRtCjI9AQ
cvoinescu

Postby Yaro » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:51 am

I see in this drawing:
http://www.buildlog.net/sm_laser/drawin ... _rev_1.pdf
there is deprecated, why?

Is a good method to fix in this way bearing(with a screw) or there are better fixing methods?

What type of motors use laser 2.x (nema 17? amps? model n.?)

Thank you!
Yaro

Postby injunear » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:53 am

I believe that the bracket was replaced by something else. I just went through all these drawings myself and also came across the same confusion. I have a picture of all the parts you need to build a 2.X in this http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2581 For Sale thread. Each part has a part number and the proper quantity shown. You can use that for a reference if you're cutting your own parts on a CNC Router. If I don't show it, then you don't need it.

The motor's are NEMA 17, 'dual shaft'.......
Bob T.
injunear

Postby sshwarts » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:00 pm

My experience was based on printing these in Nylon but what I found was that the hole was ever so slightly undersized so that if I heated the part slightly with a heat gun, I could then press fit the bearing. So far that seems to have worked well. I don't know how the milled parts are in that regard.

Scott
sshwarts

Postby injunear » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:56 pm

My first try at milling the cavity's for the bearings were that they were slightly loose in the hole using the original DXF's. I adjusted the drawings to provide for an interference fit and used that dimension for all the parts that have a bearing. The captive screw really becomes an option as the fit is so tight that there's no way the bearing outer race will move.
It takes me about 4 hours to mill all the parts but that's because I do them one at a time for reasons I don't want to get into right now....

Bob T.
injunear

Return to Mechatronics