Optics and Mounts

Discussions on optics for laser cutter/engravers

Optics and Mounts

Postby willyinaus » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi peoples I have been looking at Optics and Mounts.

Is their any difference between the what you would use for a 40w laser and a 80w laser?

I have been looking at lightobjects focus mounts, Lens mounts and Lenses good prices but have also been looking at some of the black gear from cnsigntech/coletech I have also been in touch with the company china they have sent me a price list.

I am thinking of starting out with a 40w laser but I want to upgrade it in the future to a 80w so I want to leave myself room I am leaning more towards the black gear from china I guess I can use cheap lenses and upgrade those down the track when needed as well.

The aim is to build a machine around a cutting area of 1200mm 600mm

Any thoughts.

Willy
willyinaus

Re: Optics and Mounts

Postby bdring » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:05 pm

The gold plated mirrors are usually cheapest, but are usually used for the lower power lasers. The lens are all the same material but different diameter and focal length. Determine your lens mount for the lens first, then buy the diameter lens for that mount.

Many people consider lens and mirrors consumables. if any bit of dust ever gets on them they will get pitted. I would target yor first laser and repurchase later.

Could you send me via private email the price list you got on the mount. I like the black mounts too, but they are pricey.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby willyinaus » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:54 pm

bdring wrote:The gold plated mirrors are usually cheapest, but are usually used for the lower power lasers. The lens are all the same material but different diameter and focal length. Determine your lens mount for the lens first, then buy the diameter lens for that mount.

Many people consider lens and mirrors consumables. if any bit of dust ever gets on them they will get pitted. I would target yor first laser and repurchase later.

Could you send me via private email the price list you got on the mount. I like the black mounts too, but they are pricey.

EC laser one I just realised it the same as your EC laser price list all that work to find out you had it on your log :oops: .

Anyway I think I may send then an email and see if I can push them on price just need to work out what I need is it ok if I post it on here and get your opinion as I don't want to order the wrong gear I wont hold you to anything but you know what they say two sets of eyes are better then one.

Willy
willyinaus

Postby bdring » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:56 am

Sure,

Post what you are thinking about buying with any links to pictures you might have. I think a fellow laser builder from South Africa bought one of these lens mounts. He was in China on business and went to a dealer. He has not joined the forum yet, but I am sure I could get his thoughts if it is the same item.
Attachments
laser_lens_holder.png
laser_lens_holder.png (19.5 KiB) Viewed 29073 times
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby willyinaus » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:50 am

Yes Similar to the one you Posted I may go for that head and get my reflectors etc from lighobject as I just received the quote back and no changes in pricing so they have done them selves out of a buyer but that's ok.

What I was quoted on was the following
Head LH-A (see Pick) $132.00 X1 =$132.00
Focus Lens Znse CVD 4inch EC-LC210 $49.00 X 1 =$49.00
Reflector MP-A $54.00 X2 =$108.00
Reflector Mirror 25mm Molybdenum $21.00 X3 =$63.00

Total $352.00 + 50Postage

To be honest they stuffed the quote up so I I am bit worried about even ordering from them.

Head LHA.jpg
Head LHA.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 29073 times
willyinaus

Postby willyinaus » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:52 am

bdring wrote:Sure,

Post what you are thinking about buying with any links to pictures you might have. I think a fellow laser builder from South Africa bought one of these lens mounts. He was in China on business and went to a dealer. He has not joined the forum yet, but I am sure I could get his thoughts if it is the same item.

Yes if you could it would be good I am going to email lightobjects and see if he can get the same in the real bugger for me is postage so its better for me to purchase everything together from one seller id possible.

My biggest issue with lightobjects gear is that his mounts seem to only take 20mm lenses if I was to go to 80w I would need 25mm lenses yes? what's your thoughts.

Willy
willyinaus

Postby Daryn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi Willy + Bart

I purchased a 20mm head,mirror mounts, tube mounts, mirrors, focus lense and PSU from CNCOLETECH.
I did not actually visit them but rather had the spares shipped to where I was on buisness. (in China)
I dont recall the shipping cost being substantially lower than if I shipped the items to South Africa.
However my aim was to save a bit on the import + customs duties we tend to get hit with.
I asked CNCOLETECH for a discount. But instead of lowering the cost offered to send me two spare (free) mirrors.
I then took a chance and sugested they send me one (free) spare mirror and one (free) spare focusing lense to which they
obliged. Their service and quality is good. Although I am still quite far from using the items.
Regards
Daryn
Daryn

Postby lasersafe1 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:13 pm

That black mount looks much nicer than the cheapo mounts coming on the standard Chinese engravers, but it also looks much heavier. It is important to keep the weight of this one particular flying optic as light as possible if you ever want to get really high speed rastering without a huge drive motor. F=MA.
lasersafe1

Postby willyinaus » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:00 pm

bdring wrote:Sure,

Hi Guys I have decided I am going to go with the one from CNCOLETECH, I can always upgrade later down the track if needed just need to save a few more $$$.

Willy
willyinaus

Postby bdring » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Cool.

Take a lot of pictures and measurements. I'll post them so future builders can have an easier time deciding.

Thanks
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Return to Optics and Lasers