Transparent enclosure??

Extrusions/Tubing/Hinges/Etc.

Transparent enclosure??

Postby cnc74 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Hello all,

Is there any good reason why I shouldn't use "transparent" colored acrylic for my enclosure panels?

See thru is cooler than solid right?

If I were to do the whole frame in a transparent red is that dangerous in some way that I am unaware of as of yet?

:ugeek:

-CNC74
cnc74

Re: Transparent enclosure??

Postby awesomenesser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 pm

cnc74 wrote:Hello all,

Is there any good reason why I shouldn't use "transparent" colored acrylic for my enclosure panels?

See thru is cooler than solid right?

If I were to do the whole frame in a transparent red is that dangerous in some way that I am unaware of as of yet?

-CNC74

Acrylic blocks most of the IR light anyway, so I don't see much of an issue in that aspect (our alupanel versions just reflect the light out anyway through the window or the ventilation gaps). I would however recommend you keep the bottom panel made out of something metal based to prevent it from being burned by the out of focus laser beam. Another downfall could be that all the surfaces inside the unit are visible and therefore would need to be dusted and cleaned regularly to keep everything looking tidy.
awesomenesser

Re: Transparent enclosure??

Postby cnc74 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks for the good information.

I received my Misumi order this morning and am excited to get started right away on my build!!

-CNC74
cnc74

Return to Enclosures/Framing Etc.