Can not order by misumi

Where you can find stuff.

Can not order by misumi

Postby thera » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:58 pm

I had order some extrusions but i got a email that i can order from then because i don't have a valid VAT number.
I there no other way to order .
Or is there other suppliers.

Thanks .
thera

Re: Can not order by misumi

Postby cvoinescu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:41 pm

There is no other way to order in the EU. Depending on what you need from them, there may be other suppliers of similar products.
cvoinescu

Postby thera » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Thank for the reply.
I'm looking on the net now but no luck so far.
Anyone has a solution let me know.
Thanks.
thera

Postby cvoinescu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Where are you located, and what do you need from Misumi?
cvoinescu

Postby thera » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm from Belguim.
Just beginnen the build so All the part from misumi.
Have found a alu extrusions site on de web
http://www.motedis.com/shop/Groef-profiel:::1.html?language=en&XTCsid=ohkvmvjggoakfnrh6mebc3atd0
But have to look if it the same dimentions as misumi is .
thera

Postby cvoinescu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Misumi have a wide range of profiles, so I'm not sure which one you're trying to match. From that website, "Profile 20 B-Type slot 6" is similar to Misumi HFS5 series, except it has holes suitable for M6 screws, instead of M5. You never mentioned what machine you're trying to build (2.x laser? ORD Bot?) so I don't know what profile you need. For the laser, you're better off ordering from Misumi, because you'll likely struggle to find identical parts somewhere else.
cvoinescu

Postby thera » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Building the 2.x laser.
thera

Postby Mr.ChronoM » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Soooooo ... another guy from Belgium ! (I'm from West-Vlaanderen' >> Roeselare)

I have been looking into building/buying a laser cutter for about 2 week know (buildlog laser / lasersaur) and the
main problems are indeed souring the materials. I have no idea what the cost would be to get the full package
to build the frame...

The best side that I found and was mentioned here is on from the UK 'http://www.kjnltd.co.uk/'. Their are multiple
guys on this board who have used this supplier, but I don't know what parts exactly and if they even ship to Belgium.

The fact that the kits aren't available anymore is also a big setback (why I started looking at a lasersaur). I'm also
stil wondering if a fixed bad would be an option as this would really be a hobby project and it's easier to make...
Mr.ChronoM

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:42 pm

I've added this set of parts from Misumi to my store. Hopefully it will help someone. I've generously added only a very small markup. :)

KJN extrusion almost identical to the one pointed to by the other person -- it takes M6 screws in the core, not M5 like Misumi extrusion. I'm not sure whether that's a problem when building the 2.x laser at all.
cvoinescu

Postby Mr.ChronoM » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Now that could get interesting, as the laser cutter also needs some makerslide and other things
that you are already selling in the shop it would be easy to start building a small list of everything
that is in the BOM and in your shop.

As I guess shipping is always an extra factor, but normally import/vat isn't in Europe (I guess ?)

EDIT:
In theory you could also make something like this https://www.openpart.co.uk/index.php/st ... ser-cutter
and ship it in 1 go, right ? :) (If they are back in stock)
Mr.ChronoM

Next

Return to Sources for stuff