Azteeg Header Strips

General discussion of 3D printers

Re: Azteeg Header Strips

Postby orcinus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:14 pm

At some early point during my ventures into electronics and DIY, i've learned that headers are precious. There's never a strip when you need one and if you need a right-angle multi-row one, woe onto you.

So i've started hoarding them.

"Hello everyone, i'm a header hoarder, but i'm trying to get cured!"
orcinus

Postby nixtacy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Thanks, the header strips aren't really a big problem. It's the female 2 pin connectors with pre terminated ends that seem to be the problem.
I placed a small order from Digikey (far cheaper shipping then mouser) and will have plenty for this project. ($14 total inc shipping).

I'll get there, stubborn and all.

I checked my local Radioshacks (2) and Frys (1) again, and neither had either of what I needed. At all. Very disappointed by that my local Frys has to offer. It used to be a great place to get parts/bits/bytes.
nixtacy

Postby Gadroc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 am

Futurlec is the cheapest place I've found to order this type of headers along with the matching connectors and housings. Ordering them in any kind of quantity from digikey or mouser is incredibly expensive. For the price of two of those 36 pin headers at digikey/mouser you get 10 from futurlec. The connector housings are about a quarter of the price elsewhere. Downside is the shipping time and crappy online order system.
Gadroc

Previous

Return to 3D Printer General Discussion