Favorite Filament Supplier

General discussion of 3D printers

Re: Favorite Filament Supplier

Postby vgordin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm

I like OpenSourcePowered (http://www.ospwrd.com/). They are a local company here in Long Island and have free shipping anywhere in the US. I've run through about 10 lbs of their blue 3mm and 5 lbs of the their black 3mm without issue. The white didn't work so well, but then again I was in a time crunch and didn't really have time to fiddle with temp / feed settings.

Cost works out to about $17 per pound including shipping.
vgordin

Postby bukwirm » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Reprap wiki has a list of filament suppliers as well: http://reprap.org/wiki/Printing_Material_Suppliers.

I've had good luck with Ultimachine ABS - about $15/lb for loose coils, plus they usually include a few free samples.
bukwirm

Postby brnrd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:39 pm

I buy all my 3 mm ABS now from [ur=l]New Image Plastics[/url] because they are cheap (less that $8/lb in 10 lb spools) and the quality is good enough.

I can no longer recommend New Image Plastics. It turned out that the spool that had some irregular and thick sections had more issues further into the spool. Also, another spool on another printer had filament diameter go down as low as 2 mm towards the end. Unless they can guarantee that their quality is good enough, I will be buying elsewhere from now on.

Edit 4/19/2013
They sent me another spool to replace one of the bad 10 lb spools and so far it's as good as the previous ones. I'll see how this one works out.
Last edited by brnrd on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brnrd

Postby mj9999 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:06 am

The PLA I got from Just PLA has done very well.
mj9999

Postby blah_59 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 pm

I've got several spools of PLA from http://www.onlinefilament.com. A lot of color options, the colors are high quality and I haven't had settings issues with any of it (I use the same settings for all the colors).
blah_59

Postby orcinus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Does anyone know of any good suppliers in Europe (Central Europish preferred, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Italy...) with 3mm silver PLA stock?
orcinus

Postby nixtacy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:39 am

I''m really enjoying my Octave brand (Amazon) Filament. Quick shipping, $30.oo, super easy. IMHO.
nixtacy

Postby MiguelKendrick » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:11 am

I only have one supplier of filament since I discovered 3D printing. 3d2print.net has been my reliable source of different filament materials. Their filaments are good quality and the prices are fairly reasonable. So far, I haven’t experienced any problems on the printing process so I highly recommend them to anyone who want a trustworthy filament supplier.
3D2PRINT - Creating 3D Dimension
MiguelKendrick

Postby blah_59 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:16 am

Miguel, can I call you Miguel? I feel like we've really bonded now that I've replied to each of your 7 posts.

Let me take a quick moment to share some sincere thoughts with you. I think what bothered me most about you shameless plugging the company you either work for or own is you didn't come here to the forums (a place where we get together to learn from, share ideas, share frustrations, share small victories with each other) and tell us, up front, that you want to sell us some filament. Instead you found 7 different threads and tried to sell us filament using fairly dishonest posts about how great the filament from your company is (of course never mentioning you own the place or work there (although you couldn't help yourself from putting it in your signature block)).

After some soul searching, and listening to The Carpenter's Greatest Hits for a couple of hours, I think I'm strong enough to tell you that it's that veil of dishonesty that really bothers me. So I think it's time we took a break, and if it makes you feel any better...it's you, not me.
blah_59

Postby mattrsch » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:53 pm

<slow clap>
mattrsch

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Printer General Discussion