QU-BD Jam Fix Step-by-Step Tutorial

General discussion of 3D printers

QU-BD Jam Fix Step-by-Step Tutorial

Postby MSketcher » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I have finally gotten my printer to work reliably thanks to the contributors on this forum! If anyone has a QU-BD that is jamming, I highly recommend the barrel mod, spring lever arm, and new drive gear. Those mods will give you a bulletproof extruder that will print reliably every time.

I created a step by step tutorial that shows you how I made my own custom PTFE lined barrel. I didn't want to mess up my existing barrel, so I made a new one from a bolt. Check out the tutorial here -> http://www.mastersketchup.com/qubd-extruder-jam-fix/
MSketcher

Re: QU-BD Jam Fix Step-by-Step Tutorial

Postby BingLast » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks for this tutorial. I tried ordering the 10' of PTFE tubing from McMasters althought I just need an inch or more but this was the reply of McMasters.
" Hi Bing,

Due to the complexity of U.S. export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international orders only from our established customers. This decision also applies to orders shipping within the United States, because it is based on the final destination of the items. We cannot accept this order or future orders.

We have cancelled your order shipping to Walnut Creek, CA.

Megan

Hi Bing,

This decision also applies to orders shipping within the United States, because it is based on the final destination of the items. We cannot accept this order or future orders.

Aaron

Are they kidding me!!!!! . I've tried sourcing this from the Philippines we simply don't have it available here!!!

Can ask for help from this community?

Bing
BingLast

Postby bobt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:53 pm

bing - if you follow this thread on the problem Redington has offered to email small pieces of the correct tubing to people for a small charge. I did it and it all works.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1977

Bob Teeter
"What Box"
bobt

Postby thawkins » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:44 pm

BingLast wrote:
Are they kidding me!!!!! . I've tried sourcing this from the Philippines we simply don't have it available here!!!

Can ask for help from this community?

Bing

Hey Bing, where in the philippines are you?

Im in Pasig, MM

I have a printrbot simple and a zen toolworks 7x12 3d, which i have just recieved 2 qu-bd extruders for, so im keen to find out if you have been able to find the material and tools to do the fix to the hotend.
thawkins

Postby bloomingtonmike » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:30 pm

I am selling ptfe lined bhcs barrels on ebay for the MBE QUBD extruder (or any other 6mm threaded hot end). There is a EBAY provided freight forward international option I am trying out. $15usd for 25mm length barrels and $17usd for 30mm length barrels plus whatever the shipping costs handled by ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321239677372?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 25mm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321240972978?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 30mm

Mikie
bloomingtonmike

Return to 3D Printer General Discussion