Possible 2.x laser Kits Batch #7

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Re: Possible 2.x laser Kits Batch #7

Postby liqdfire » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Bart,

I still want to buy a complete kit from you because I am looking at building 2 lasers..
liqdfire

Postby MathewOwen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 am

@ Chris & Jason,

I will receive an small order of acrylic in a couple days. It shouldn't take more than a day to cut all the pieces (so realistically I could have it completed before Monday). How about I just run a first batch and I will send you or post a couple photos for approval.

Just for clarification the parts I am referring to are the laser cut part kits, so I do not believe all these parts will be in the upcoming batch #7 kits that will be sold on Makerslide.com. (please correct me if I am mistaken, but I cannot find these parts on the list).

The parts I am referring to can be found here: http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/kits.html - the first and second image - XY Mechanism kit and Z lift kit.

Best regards,

Mathew
MathewOwen

Postby owensbyjason » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 am

Matthew,
Yes these are the parts I need. Let me know how they turn out.
Jason
owensbyjason

Postby jacobsultd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Matthew,

I will purchase a set of your kit as well..

-A
jacobsultd

Postby Gadroc » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 am

I'm pretty sure those parts are out of date. Many of them are replace with the metal brackets used with the newer makerslide system. If I remember correctly the only laser cut acrylic part in my kit from batch #6 was the rear mirror mount.
Gadroc

Postby SSW » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:40 am

Yes, those are out of date, from the V1.x laser.

Here is the link to the latest V2.x custom parts list with links to the drawings: http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/store/2x_kits_and_parts.php

-- Bernie
-- Bernie
SSW

Postby MathewOwen » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:42 am

SSW wrote:Yes, those are out of date, from the V1.x laser.

Here is the link to the latest V2.x custom parts list with links to the drawings: http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/store/2x_kits_and_parts.php

-- Bernie

Thanks Bernie & Gadroc for the information and clearing that up. The page I got this information from clearly says version 2 (go to http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/drawings.html - I got the link from here, just under that part that says version 2.0). Or is that the difference? That kit was version 2.0 and this one is 2.x? Unfortunately there is no date on the page so I guess that confused me.

I wish I knew that a couple days ago, before I ordered all the acrylic. But I'm sure I can use it for something else.

Thanks again for letting me know. Of course if anyone still needs the old parts cut from acrylic, or if there are any parts in the new version that can be cut from acrylic, please let me know and I will gladly cut them for you.

- Mathew
MathewOwen

Postby bdring » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Most of the parts are done. I ran out of 1/2" thick HDPE. Fortunately I ordered some last week, so it is due soon. I hope to have some kits ready this week.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Laser Support