Missing Documentation

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Missing Documentation

Postby Techbuilder » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi everybody,

It appears that there is documentation missing for the y axis and z axis for the build log 2x
as located in the picture the only documentation for the y axis is located on the System Assembly Drawing and it doesn't
show which hardware is used for the y axis assembly such as the bolts, washers, spacers elec...

The z axis has some but it's missing the documentation for the pulleys, belt and tensioner.

If there is something I am missing please show me as it's quite the guessing game

Last edited by Techbuilder on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Techbuilder

Re: Missing Documentation

Postby greenvandan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:07 pm

As I recall there was some guessing and common sense involved there, but was pretty easy to figure out. Once you get the parts on hand it all makes sense.

Is there a specific part that you're having trouble with? Maybe someone could upload a photo or screw size/part number if you need.

BTW unless you already have the large belt for the z axis, you may have a hard time finding the correct size, the original supplier has gone out of business, and you may have to work up a slightly different solution.
greenvandan

Postby injunear » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Yeah, ditto that...I spent some time studying the drawings and it's all there, albeit sometimes you really have to search hard for adequate detail. I also perused a lot of the photos from other user's build logs as that helped too. Awesome Nesser's photo-log of his build is quite detailed but a bit dated. It's certainly usable a reference.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102836293562312949041/LaserCNCBuildlog2X#

Bob T.
injunear

Postby Techbuilder » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Yeah I've figured quite a bit by trying the hardware I have, it would just save a considerable amount of time if I didn't have to play
sherlock holmes from time to time ;)

I have the original 64 inch belt I ordered all the hardware and belts when I decided to build the laser a year ago
but through moving twice and life occurrences I had to push the project to the side, Now that I have some time I'm ready to finish it.

The only thing I would like more info on now would just be on the y axis assembly but if I look at the idler assembly in the guide doc I'm sure the screws and elec are the same it's just
finding it.

Thank you for that build log with pics that should help quite a bit!
Techbuilder

Postby injunear » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:53 am

The original designer, Bart, doesn't seem to be engaged in this design anymore and has moved on. This is an 'open source' design so it is what it is....We, you and I and a few others, are sort of stragglers as most of the interest in this design was about three years ago. Frankly I'm surprised that he keeps this site up and running. Don't know why interest has waned but I suspect the Chinese machines have something to do with it. Even so, I built my 80 watt'r for a little over $2k and I cannot see any Chinese machines that would compare at that price! :!:

Bob T.
injunear

Return to 2.x Laser Support