Setting up the LightObject DSP on Laser 2x

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Setting up the LightObject DSP on Laser 2x

Postby twehr » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

To help others who are (or are planning to) use the LightObject DSP with their Laser 2x, I wrote a very detailed document that explains the step-by-step procedure for setting it all up.

The procedure has been field tested by two Laser 2x builders (wmeade and leons). Both builders got along very well with the process and provided valuable input. Their comments and a couple of issues that had to be worked out via telephone have been incorporated and I now feel comfortable putting the document out for public use.

If you are planning to use the DSP with Laser 2x, I highly recommend that you use this procedure. It will save you possibly hours and certainly a lot of frustration from trying to figure it out on your own.

If anyone else wants to provide feedback, I will gladly incorporate that as well.

The file attached to this post is the config file that goes along with the document (on Google Apps). Download and unzip it and use it at the appropriate place in the procedure.

Thanks to both Bill and Leon for volunteering to be my field testers and for the very helpful feedback. I am sure all future users will appreciate it as well.

Bart, feel free to add a link to this doc on your Drawings page, if you wish.

Document - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MPquPe3w5-v0BkvWy9bR_-cNtyD4gUKYNVi_pJFrl3g/edit?authkey=COGfhPoG&hl=en_US
Attachments
300x150 FL.zip
(226 Bytes) Downloaded 2245 times
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Re: Setting up the LightObject DSP on Laser 2x

Postby J45on » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Tim
After reading this I now realise I would have been stuffed without it
Thank you for posting it will be a great help :D
J45on

Updated Instructions

Postby twehr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:57 pm

While the instructions are specifically about setting up the configuration of the DSP for Laser 2x, Bill Meade mentioned an issue with installing the DSP software in CorelDraw 4X. This is done AFTER the config process that I wrote the instructions for. Setting up DSP in CorelDraw X4 is not hard, you just can't do it like the DSP manual says to, since it is geared toward v11 and v12 of CorelDraw.

To help anyone using X4, I have updated my documentation to include the step-by-step for installing the DSP software with CorelDraw X4. The link in my earlier post has the additional material included.

Note - DSP does NOT currently work with X5. I don't have X5 so have not been able to work with it to see if there is a workaround.
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby JakeS » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:56 am

I'm looking to import the config file from the ZIP attachment. When I unzip it, the file I get is "300x150 FL.PMPrs"

In the LaserCAD software it is looking for a .cf5 file extension. Should I just rename the extension or do I have the wrong file?

Thanks! (So close!!)
Jake
JakeS

Postby twehr » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:09 am

JakeS wrote:I'm looking to import the config file from the ZIP attachment. When I unzip it, the file I get is "300x150 FL.PMPrs"

In the LaserCAD software it is looking for a .cf5 file extension. Should I just rename the extension or do I have the wrong file?

Thanks! (So close!!)
Jake

The cf5 file is not valid for the current version of the controller. Tat was part of the instructions I wrote for an earlier version.
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby JakeS » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:31 am

Ah, I see. In that case, I can enter the params by hand- does anyone know if there a list of known "good" params for the 2.x laser to enter in the Manufacturer Params dialog box for LaserCAD 6.27 for the LO DSP?

Thanks!
Jake

twehr wrote:
JakeS wrote:I'm looking to import the config file from the ZIP attachment. When I unzip it, the file I get is "300x150 FL.PMPrs"

Thanks! (So close!!)
Jake

The cf5 file is not valid for the current version of the controller. Tat was part of the instructions I wrote for an earlier version.
JakeS

Return to 2.x Laser Support