ETA for V-Wheels?

General questions and comments.

Re: ETA for V-Wheels?

Postby lovebugjunkie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:33 am

It may be disappointing but it is still one very good value. Better than you will find on any other similar product. If the Makerslide fits what you want to make I really do not see how you can not go with it. Would I build a cnc router with it...no but for something like the laser project, camera slide, ORD bot it would be my first selection.

Only reason I have been putting off ordering the hardware for the laser was I did not have the makerslide or v-wheels in hand. As soon as my makerslide arrives with an order of v-wheels I will be ordering just about everything in the store that it takes to build the laser.

Do have a question on the kits here: http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/store ... _parts.php

Everything is on hold, can you give us some idea on what to expect in the future, ie: still selling them or sourcing it out?

tks
lovebugjunkie

Postby mondo50m » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:36 pm

What bothers me secondly about Inventables taking over is, are they going to be selling all of the parts? If they are, are they also going to be doubling in price? If so, this will make the build impossible for many of those who were going to be able to do it before this change. I now, am not going to be able to do the build. I am 61 years old and on a very strict budget. I happen to have had to take a 'minimum wage' job. Nothing else is available here in Florida. There is no shame in having to take this sort of job, though. But, I can not make the laser now, and that is what is disappointing. I probably could have before, but not now.

Milt
mondo50m

Postby crispyfry » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Could you please stop complaining about the price "increase". If this slight price change is breaking your budget then maybe you should wait and save a little more? Every project has unexpected costs, and if you can't deal with a known increase I don't see how you're going to be able to deal with these unforeseen costs down the road.
crispyfry

Postby mondo50m » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:59 pm

I am not trying to 'complain'. I am, however, voicing my opinion. I suppose it would not have been so bad had there been a 'this is the last time I am going to be offering the Makerslide". Giving more of us time to get in on the lower price before not selling it anymore. This was more of a 'cold turkey' deal. The site states that there is more coming in on the 30th of this month, is this all sold out? That is all I wanted to say, it just seemed like we could have been given some notice so we could get an order in before quitting the sales part of it. I am sorry if I offended anyone or am not in the same financial position as everyone else. I will darken these doors no longer.

Milt
mondo50m

Postby lovebugjunkie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Milt, going by your last comment I don't know if you will be reading this but just in case.....

Maybe there is a way to save on other parts of the laser build to make up for the increased price of the maker slide. The slide is a very small part of the build price wise even at the new price.
I too am on a fixed income and looking for cheaper options on some things, I found a controller board going for less than $150 that can drive 4 steppers. That saved me $100 over what I was planning on using.
Also I am not going to use timing a belt/pulleys or screws to move the table which will also save a bit.

Hope you stick with it and look for ways to save in other areas so you can get the makerslide.
lovebugjunkie

Previous

Return to MakerSlide General Discussion