Announcing the ORDuino !

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: Announcing the ORDuino !

Postby orcinus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Has anyone heard from Frantz lately?
Via e-mail, PM or any other channel of communication?

I've never received my ORDuino and he doesn't seem to be responding.
orcinus

Postby RSWeaverAz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 am

Ya, Frob owes me a Orduino as well :cry:
I tried sending him some PM's (emails?) using Buildlog.net ,
also tried his http://www.sotadesigns.ca contact page,
and on 10/20 using a gmail account (sotadesigns contact page pinged me using a gmail account back on July 20),
I have not tried the email that's in his profile.
I do have his phone number, it was on the "Lava" Heated Build Plate he sent, and it also matches a name/address/phone look up.
I'll try calling him on Monday ... er ... Today.

Looks like Frobs last visit to the forum was August 10.
I Launch Rockets, aka High Tech Welfare for Engineers
Your tax dollars have to go somewhere ... right!
RSWeaverAz

Postby Enraged » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 pm

if any of you used Paypal, you should try getting your money back, hopefully it isn't too late.
Enraged

Postby RSWeaverAz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Well, I just tried the phone numbers that were on the "LAVA" Heated Bed "Pizza" Delivery Box.
Which I took delivery on 06/25/2012
Got a message in French & English that the number 514-484-7013 is no longer in service.

Just for the record the info on that delivery box was:

Frantz Robinson
Sota Design Inc
4837 Patricia Ave.
Montreal QC H4V 1Y7

From..Telephone: 514-484-7013 --> Google's to Eileen Robinson
To.....Telephone: 514-686-9570 --> Not my telephone, its a Montreal QC area code, tried 2 times roughly 30 minutes apart ... it was busy.

I'm checking on my payment methods to see if there is any chance of a reversal ...
Last edited by RSWeaverAz on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RSWeaverAz

Postby RSWeaverAz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Just talked to Frantz for about 20 minutes using the x9570 number.

Health problems of a family member have caused severe time constraints and financial problems.

Of the 10 prototype Orduino boards he ordered and built up (using the Pololu A4988),
8 were delivered, I had told him in late July I didn't need my unit for like 3-4 months.
Many of the A4988 driver chips failed under testing and had to be re-soldered,
has lost confidence in using them in any future Orduino's. I think he's out of bare A4988 chips.

He has ordered some new driver chips (not A4988's and not I think the Toshiba 6560)
This new driver chip has about ~ 2x performance of a A4988, usefull for the bigger NEMA 23 steppers.
They are on back order, may be up to another 4 weeks (or longer) until delivery.
He mentioned thinking of putting the new chips on pololu like daughter cards for the remaining proto's.

The current Sota Designs web site is a dead end as he doesn't have time to play with it, looking for a web expert to fix it or start over.

He indicated that until the new driver chips arrive he cant complete delivery of the last 2 prototypes and any new Orduino's.
RSWeaverAz

Postby orcinus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm

He could've posted something, though. I mean, i'm sure he's not out to willingly scam people (considering he delivered on Lava beds), but at least some feedback would've been nice. I don't mind waiting as long as i know what's up.

Regarding drivers... From what i've seen, his design does have through-holes for headers for standard driver carriers, so that's always a valid fallback option, i guess.
orcinus

Postby gfc62 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 am

Enraged wrote:if any of you used Paypal, you should try getting your money back, hopefully it isn't too late.

RSWeaverAz wrote:
I'm checking on my payment methods to see if there is any chance of a reversal ...

The limit for PayPal transactions is 45 days.
gfc62

Postby RSWeaverAz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:50 pm

I got a LinkedIn Notification that Frantz Robinson "Celebrating 11 years at SOTA Design Inc."
So I sent him a congrats along with a reminder that he never delivered my ORDuino,
of course its been like 7 years (wow, how time flies). So looks like he's moved on.
the website http://www.sotadesign.ca/ seems to have been taken over by some household goods seller,
but that seems dead as well (still hosted). The Facebook info is sparse (or I don't know how to use it)
see; https://www.linkedin.com/in/frantzr/ ... I was tempted to add in something into "Frantz's top skills"

anyway FYI :roll:
RSWeaverAz

Previous

Return to ORD Bot