Newest Member of the ORD Family!

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Newest Member of the ORD Family!

Postby gazorp » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Hello all!

I finished assembly and testing last night! This is likely one of the very last original kit builds! Here are some pics of my build. I opted for a few upgrades and spent most of my time by far on cable management, but it was WORTH IT! It looks so clean and mean now! :)

My last steps will be calibrating and giving some attention to get the z rods perfect. Then i will be printing a Maltese Falcon! http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26372
Attachments
IMG_20120718_105113.jpg
IMG_20120718_105104.jpg
IMG_20120718_105052.jpg
IMG_20120718_105033.jpg
gazorp

Re: Newest Member of the ORD Family!

Postby Medel » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Congrats on an almost-done build! Let's see some falcons!
Medel

Postby nargos » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi,

could you say something about the springs (for cables). Diameter and shop from where you bought would be interesting.

Thanks
nargos
nargos

Postby gazorp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 am

nargos wrote:Hi,

could you say something about the springs (for cables). Diameter and shop from where you bought would be interesting.

Thanks
nargos

I got the cable management springs from mcmaster.com: 9664K23 and 9664K17 were the sizes I used. I think one should measure their wire bundles first to be sure these sizes would fit their application. It certainly would have save me a shipping charge!

Thanks!
gazorp

Postby gazob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 am

Hi, nice build, very neat.

would you mind showing some detail on your build plate area, how you are attaching your build surface to the heated bed and your levelling mechanism in particular.

Thanks in advance
GaZ
gazob

Postby nargos » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 am

gazorp wrote:
nargos wrote:Hi,

Thanks
nargos

I got the cable management springs from mcmaster.com: 9664K23 and 9664K17 were the sizes I used. I think one should measure their wire bundles first to be sure these sizes would fit their application. It certainly would have save me a shipping charge!

Thanks!

Thanks for information. As I'm living in Germany, there is no chance to order from McMaster. :cry:

Anybody knows a shop where Europeans can order such springs?

Thanks
nargos
nargos

Postby gazorp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:30 pm

gazob wrote:Hi, nice build, very neat.

would you mind showing some detail on your build plate area, how you are attaching your build surface to the heated bed and your levelling mechanism in particular.

Thanks in advance
GaZ

I have never seen an avatar name so similar as mine. :shock: My Bed is made from a glass sheet with kapton tape holding it to the heated build plate. The HBP has a layer of insulation under and the whole assembly is mounted with M3 hardware to the base plate with 4 springs for backlash dampening, nozzle crash protection, and leveling. I advise wing nuts for easy adjustment.
gazorp

Postby Randolph » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 am

gazorp wrote:My Bed is made from a glass sheet with kapton tape holding it to the heated build plate. The HBP has a layer of insulation under and the whole assembly is mounted with M3 hardware to the base plate with 4 springs for backlash dampening, nozzle crash protection, and leveling. I advise wing nuts for easy adjustment.

Hi,
Congratulations. I am waiting for my kit to arrive.
I just got my LAVA heated bed from Frantz today and it is 216mm x 216mm. I am having trouble finding an exact match in borosilicate glass. I just went ahead and ordered an 8.5in by 7.8 in. glass plate from Lulzbot.
What kind of glass are you using and what are the dimensions? Is that a Mk1 or Mk 2 heated bed? What are it's dimensions?
What kind of insulation?
Thanks for the help.
Randolph
Randolph

Postby gazorp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:35 am

Randolph wrote:
gazorp wrote:My Bed is made from a glass sheet with kapton tape holding it to the heated build plate. The HBP has a layer of insulation under and the whole assembly is mounted with M3 hardware to the base plate with 4 springs for backlash dampening, nozzle crash protection, and leveling. I advise wing nuts for easy adjustment.

Hi,
Congratulations. I am waiting for my kit to arrive.
I just got my LAVA heated bed from Frantz today and it is 216mm x 216mm. I am having trouble finding an exact match in borosilicate glass. I just went ahead and ordered an 8.5in by 7.8 in. glass plate from Lulzbot.
What kind of glass are you using and what are the dimensions? Is that a Mk1 or Mk 2 heated bed? What are it's dimensions?
What kind of insulation?
Thanks for the help.
Randolph

Hi Randolph,

I got my glass from lowes. They cut it to any size for free. I got 200mm x 200mm. It only cost a few dollars.
gazorp

Return to ORD Bot