ORD Bot eHadron

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

ORD Bot eHadron

Postby baz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi everyone,

With the success of the MakerSlide Europe project http://www.ulule.com/makerslide, we opened an on-line store http://www.makerslideeurope.com our debut product, the eShapeOko, has taken off surprisingly well and already sold out of pre-orders. With its success, we plan to also introduce the ORD Bot eHadron.
The eHadron would be built with MakerSlide and accessories from the Ulule project; it will be a standard build with polished aluminium plates.

It would be available in 3 different configurations;
1st - A simple kit with just the custom plates, MakerSlide, v-wheels, idlers, eccentrics and nut blocks £85
2nd - A complete mechanical kit, without anything electrical (no steppers) £160
3rd - A complete mechanical kit, with steppers and limit switches (still needs; extruder, controller and wire to function) £240

The whole lot is aimed at the European market, as there is currently no affordable way to get a decent 3d printer across here. However, international postage could be possible.

I have spoken to Bart about my plans and he would receive a licence fee per unit sold, supporting the upkeep and development of further projects.

So, to get to the point, we were wondering if it is going to be viable to launch such a product. And would love some feedback on what you think.

If there is enough interest (we could produce a minimum of 12 of the 2nd option kits) production will start immediately.

Many Thanks
ShapeOko #676, eShapeOko #11, 2.x Laser, ORD Bot Hadron
MakerSlide Europe Store
baz

Re: ORD Bot eHadron

Postby carl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 pm

If I hadn't already received my mechanical kit from ATI I would be interested (I will be interested in some MakerSlide when you have it on sale though). Shipping everything from the US has been quite costly, in some cases costing more that the goods themselves (the springs from McMaster come to mind, something I couldn't find over here). I would suggest making a few more items available, such as electronics (I'm very happy with Roy's Azteeg X3) and power supplies, and, personally, anodised is prettier than polished.
carl

Re: ORD Bot eHadron

Postby baz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks a lot Carl. I know the feeling! Pay the same as you did for the item for the shipping, then get bombed by crazy customs charges!

We are already looking into electronics, I have even spoken to QU-BD about stocking there extruder.
I will keep you updated with any advancements (sign up to the mailing list at http://www.makerslideeurope.com/ to get all the news)
ShapeOko #676, eShapeOko #11, 2.x Laser, ORD Bot Hadron
MakerSlide Europe Store
baz

Return to ORD Bot