I've finished my Hadron build, except for one little problem

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: I've finished my Hadron build, except for one little pro

Postby k4mg » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:40 pm

RRD has sent me a replacement, arrives Tuesday. Pretty good warrenty service!
k4mg

Postby k4mg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Parts arrived from RRD yesterday. I got smart-assed and only plugged the new Ramps board in, re-using my old Arduino. Works just like before, I.E. can't move Z without the problem being that Y now only moves in one direction. So time to use both new parts and report back.

Thought of two more things to try before I swap parts:

1. Powered everything off and restarted, Y moves OK, moved Z, broke Y, moved Z again in opposite direction (as previously suggested by cvoinescu), still doesn't work.

2. Swapped X and Y wires, shut everything off and repeated tests. Still breaks an axis, but now it is the X axis, Y works OK.

I think this proves it is in the Ramps/Arduino, not my Y wire.

Changing out to both new boards, I will report back.
k4mg

Postby k4mg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Problem fixed by replacing the Arduino, and using the new Ramps board, didn't try the old board. Following is a video of homing, then starting the print of the calibration square. I seem to suddenly have a missed steps problem in some axis, but I didn't set currents yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q76Eb4bGpUQ&feature=youtu.be

Thanks again to everyone for all the help. Now I can get on to the problem I was expecting two weeks ago, getting my QU-BD to work. I have bought Barts parts to fix the filament tension, so I know the fix and will swap out to the parts once I see how it works with the original parts.
k4mg

Previous

Return to ORD Bot