my cube print

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: my cube print

Postby flurin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:33 pm

keos wrote:Thank you guys for your help.....

As I started with building my Ord Bot I learned a lot reading this and others forums. I searched for issues and most important for the solutions posted. So it would be nice if you could tell us, what helps you solve your problem with slic3r. Was the filament diameter or the nozzle diameter or another setting?
flurin

Postby keos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Flurin; what really helped was Cosmicray's suggestions and videos that he recommended, by watching the suggestions even though people say to measure the filament to get an accurate reading it was suggested to put down the real diameter of the filament. on my initial setup my filament with calipers measured 1.7mm but this did not work and the suggestion was to put 1.75mm. The nozzle diameter from the QU-BD i have is .35mm and this is what i am using for the nozzle.

the problem i am encountering now is the heated bed, i have watched several videos stating that in slic3r to put "0" in the temperature tab and "0" for the hotend and to control this through pronterface to avoid miss comunication between slic3r and pronterface, but i am uncertain about this after the cube test i printed....
My bed temperature rises to 80-90 C and the slows down and stops, it does not reach the target temp of 110C and starts printing. Then after the initial few layers the bed turns off and continues printing, but as you can see on the cube the corners start to lift and the whole cube becomes somewhat warped and at instances you end up with cracks in the body, so on my next test i will put the temperature in slic3r so it is the same in pronterface...what i don't get is why the temperature of the bed takes to long to reach its target if it reaches at all...

Keos
keos

Postby flurin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm

If you've set the nozzle diameter to 0.35 mm, so I can't understand how you can slice your object with a layer height = 0.4mm.
I've included a config.ini sample (nozzle_diameter = 0.35) created using File>Export Config... in slic3r (0.9.9).

config.ini
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 1189 times
Last edited by flurin on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flurin

Postby flurin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:43 pm

keos wrote:My bed temperature rises to 80-90 C and the slows down and stops, it does not reach the target temp of 110C and starts printing.

keos wrote:Then after the initial few layers the bed turns off and continues printing

I don't catch it! How can you print a few layers if it doesn't reach the target temp?
The temp must be reached before the printer can start printing (at least using Repetier Host).
flurin

Postby keos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Flurin, my layer height is set to .3mm
I order to print because I can not achieve the 110c I reduced the temp of the bed in pronterface to 90C and that is why I was able to print

Keos
keos

Postby cozmicray » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Slic3r Temperature sets the temp in the g-code
If you set to temp 0 when the g-code starts it will get set to zero.

Use the manual setting to set and test the bed temperature.

I have seen beds heat up to 80c quickly then really slow 80-100C

Put a piece of styrofoam or other thermal blanket on your bed
and see if it gets up to 100C

Repetier has a graph to watch Temp oe Bed and extruder!

keos wrote:
the problem i am encountering now is the heated bed, i have watched several videos stating that in slic3r to put "0" in the temperature tab and "0" for the hotend and to control this through pronterface to avoid miss comunication between slic3r and pronterface, but i am uncertain about this after the cube test i printed....
My bed temperature rises to 80-90 C and the slows down and stops, it does not reach the target temp of 110C and starts printing. Then after the initial few layers the bed turns off and continues printing, but as you can see on the cube the corners start to lift and the whole cube becomes somewhat warped and at instances you end up with cracks in the body, so on my next test i will put the temperature in slic3r so it is the same in pronterface...what i don't get is why the temperature of the bed takes to long to reach its target if it reaches at all...

Keos
cozmicray

Postby keos » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:56 am

Cosmicray could this have anything to do with the baud rate connection to the printer

Keod
keos

Postby flurin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:41 am

keos wrote:Flurin, my layer height is set to .3mm

OK. My thought was based on your post above:
keos wrote: In Slic3r I currently have the following setting; ( layer height set at .4mm )

So my comment becomes obsolete.

See this thread for similar issues:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1942
flurin

Postby keos » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Thankx flurin I will try that. one other thing I am noticing some cracks along the sides of the cube do you know what makes this happen, also I asked cosmicray the same question for some reason I am not getting the bed to heat up to the target degrees it now reaches to 93c and stops does this have anything to do with the baud rate connection my laptop can only handle 115200 could this be the reason of the bed not heating up to its target of 110c
I am using ABS.

Keos
keos

Postby flurin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 pm

keos wrote:... does this have anything to do with the baud rate connection my laptop can only handle 115200 could this be the reason of the bed not heating up to its target of 110c
I am using ABS.
Keos

No, the baud rate doesn't have any influence to the control. To reach 110C you should isolate your heated bed. I usually put a bath towel on the top until the temperature is reached. However during printing the temp declines from 110C to approx. 80C.
flurin

PreviousNext

Return to ORD Bot