Ordbot 12x12" build platform BOM and Sourcing?

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Ordbot 12x12" build platform BOM and Sourcing?

Postby Panopticon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:01 pm

Greetings,

I've been seeing some documentation of folks building some Ordbots with 12x12" build volumes using larger heated beds. I've been looking for a BOM I could reference to build an Ordbot that supports a 12x12" heated bed however I've yet to find one. I'd like to pry a little bit and see what specific parts I would need in order build an Ordbot with the a larger X and Y axis.

For starters, off the top of my head I would need the following:

1. (2) 305 mm aluminum makerslide extrusions for the extended X and Y axis.
2. 12x12" piece of glass
3. 12x12" heated bed
4 A larger carriage plate /http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/3d-printer-machine-parts/carraige-plate-hadron-c17057-for-ord-bot-hadron
5. A larger Handle/Controller Plate- http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/3d-printer-machine-parts/handlecontroller-plate-hadron-c17056-for-ord-bot-hadron
6. Oversized g2 belts for the extended x and y axis.

I think that's it.

Also, do files exist for the modded carriage and handle/electronics that can be taken to a machine shop for milling?

What is a reliable source for purchasing the makerslide and g2 belts at the appropriate lengths I need?

In the end I was thinking about purchasing the Hadron mechanical platform and purchasing extra the modded parts I needed to get things rolling quicker.

Any suggestions or other things I need to take into account before diving in?

Many many thanks!
Panopticon

Re: Ordbot 12x12" build platform BOM and Sourcing?

Postby jdm90 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:07 pm

As 305mm is just about 12", you're not accounting for any kind of carriage. I would go with 430mm or so, because Ord carriages are pretty long.

Then use the stock X & Y to increase the Z. The stock Z slides & screws don't allow for much motion.
jdm90

Return to ORD Bot