Sota heat bed problem

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: Sota heat bed problem

Postby fulg » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:27 pm

I remember having a hard time getting everything straight as well, I think this is a side-effect of the printer design. It was hard to get the screws tightened down enough so that the makerslide would hold, but still be allowed to move to straighten corners and joints, and sometimes just tightening a screw was enough to ruin the alignment. I am glad I don't have to touch it anymore.

If you had a working printer, you could print a jig to help you build it square... :)

Cheers,
Ben.
fulg

Postby geoffs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:14 am

New ACME rod just arrived, 10 days from China has to be a record! Pity I'm still waiting for the flexible couplers which are only coming from interstate.
Looking for a design for ACME nut holders that I can print - assuming I can get the bed level so I can get a successful print...

Geoff

EDIT: More upgrade parts arrived today (27/4). An aluminium heat bed plate and a couple of radial blower style fans. Still no sign of the couplers...
Attachments
acme_rod.jpg
Last edited by geoffs on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
geoffs

Postby fulg » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:49 am

I made those last year, maybe they can help: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1121898

They are just a quick modification to a design already made by someone else here, and my understanding is that they are a little tight on the Makerslide side. At the time I was blaming my printer calibration, but I think the dimensions are wrong and the part inserted in the Makerslide should be a bit thinner. I haven't had time to redo them, but it's nothing a bit of sanding cannot resolve. :)

For the couplers, you could temporarily print your own: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:9622

Cheers,
Ben.
fulg

Postby geoffs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:05 am

After all the time I've put into this thing recently, a bit of wait for the couplers won't kill me. :D
Thanks for the link to your ACME nut holder, hopefully it will fit in OK with the anti wobble mod I have already installed.

Geoff
geoffs

Postby geoffs » Sun May 01, 2016 10:48 am

I think I FINALLY have the bed level and my slic3r parameters sorted out.
Running Octoprint on a Pi.

Ben, you might recognise this one, my first successful print in a long time. Now I need to sort out bed temperature so I can get rid of the painter tape.
It is a little wide for the Makerslide, as you pointed out, but with 3 walls and 30% fill, there should be enough to sand down.
Hole for the ACME nut is too tight but that's not a bad thing.
Attachments
acme_wobble.jpg
geoffs

Previous

Return to ORD Bot