Help diagnosing what it causeing this

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Help diagnosing what it causeing this

Postby cdl1701 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:51 pm

here over the past few weeks this has been getting worse and worse to the point now where I cannot even come close to getting a few minutes into a print. I have tried multiple extruders from ones with MK8 gears to this one in the picture. They both either do this or strip the filament to the point where it will not push it through.
I have tried cleaning the nozzle to putting a new nozzle on.
I have tried adjusting the starting height from the bed.
I have tried adjusting the E-steps/mm.
I have tried speeding the machine up and slowing it down.
Attachments
2015-12-06 16.30.31.jpg
cdl1701

Re: Help diagnosing what it causeing this

Postby rsm5178 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:31 pm

I've had some issues with impurities in the filament clogging the nozzle. I use these to clean it.

http://www.amazon.com/0-4mm-MakerBot-Pr ... zzle+drill

You may have gotten a bad batch of filament.

Rich
rsm5178

Postby bryanbdp » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Soft filaments or flex filaments often have that problem.
The recommendations I have seen recommend going VERY slow, and reducing feed roller tension a lot.
I would try some different filament.
Bryan
bryanbdp

Postby fulg » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:14 pm

It's a bit late for a reply, but for the benefit of others... I recently printed some NinjaFlex with my ORDBot (with an EZStruder + E3D V6) and ran into a similar issue. The problem is clearly visible in your photo: the filament is not supported at all after exiting the hobbed bolt and before entering the hotend/bowden tube, so it will buckle while printing. I had to modify my EZStruder bracket to fix this and support the filament from all the way up, and eliminate any air gaps or snags (which are not an issue with hard filament).

You have to go really slow for flexible filament, around 20 or 30mm/s at best. Similarly, the filament speed has to be uniform for all operations: do not slow down while printing the first layer, do not print the external outline slower, do not print the infill faster, do not retract faster than your print speed.

With these tips I get great prints from my NinjaFlex filament. Hopefully you also sorted it out by now!

Cheers,
Ben.
fulg

Return to ORD Bot